L3901 cutting out

monkey

Equipment
L3901
Feb 13, 2019
Kaministiquia
He did clean out the water separator, but we do have a dealership here in town and will get him to talk to them before taking off any of the fuel pumps. He is mechanically inclined but is still new and learning:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkey

Equipment
L3901
Feb 13, 2019
Kaministiquia
DO NOT remove any fuel pumps!

All you will accomplish taking them out is damage it further.

I worry if you used the right product with statements like this. :eek:

Get a bucket, open the fuel filter housing dump all the fuel.

Go get some fresh #2 diesel, do not add anything to it.

Put on a new fuel filter, follow the WSM and bleed the entire system.

Then try running it, report back what you have happen.

We put in what the kubota said was okay to use, but will drain all the fuel and try that. Gonna take a few days but I will keep you posted, thanks sooo much!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is a high pressure, computer controlled system, if there is an issue, the computer should be throwing a code and those codes can be read on the dash panel.

See if he can see a code, that will give a lot more to go on.

One more thought, is if the fuel filter has never been changed, what about the air filter, lack of air can cause the same symptoms as lack of fuel.

Check the air filter too. ;)

monkey

Equipment
L3901
Feb 13, 2019
Kaministiquia
That is a high pressure, computer controlled system, if there is an issue, the computer should be throwing a code and those codes can be read on the dash panel.

See if he can see a code, that will give a lot more to go on.

One more thought, is if the fuel filter has never been changed, what about the air filter, lack of air can cause the same symptoms as lack of fuel.

Check the air filter too. ;)

Hi! So we emptied out all the fuel and put in fresh without adding anything to it, and it still stalled. My son saids the pump doesnt sound right when u are waiting for the glow plugs to start the tractor. We did look at thw air filter but it looks okay, will change it anyways because it wont hurt to.