B7100 - Located Throwout Bearing Zerk Fitting

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Thought I would start a new thread now that I have additional info and can help others with B7100's. My original grease fitting discussion was buried in my splitting tractor thread.

Thanks Vic, your video on the clutch set me off on a quest to find the elusive little sucker… LOL Anyway, for the B7100-D the Zerk grease fitting to lube your clutch Thrust Bearing (also called a Release Bearing or a Throw-out Bearing) has been hiding in plain sight for me.

It is located on the clutch side of the tractor just below the tool kit door. There is a round opening about 1.25" cut into the clutch housing. You might think that it is the tractor chassis but it is actually the clutch housing at that point that appears to be keeping things together.

With the clutch pedal in the normal/released position you should be able to look into the hole and see the zerk fitting straight in about an inch. You might have to take a rag and give it a wipe to recognize it but there it is peeking out at you... A grease gun with a straight, rigid tube, and grease nipple connector should slip right on with a gentle push.

Hope this helps. Can’t tell you how many years that fitting has been hiding out there waiting to be found… :D

~Dan

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Here is a photo of the access point opening to the grease fitting. You can even see the zerk peeking out.

Attachments