L3560HSTC Electric PTO won't engage

LoysToyz

Equipment
L3560HSTC
May 21, 2015
Falcon, CO
Need Help. L3560HSTC and the PTO will not engage. Knob turns and locks down, PTO symbol lights up on the electronic dash. Stand up from seat and the tractor shuts off like it should, but the PTO is not turning. Any body know if we have a fuse for the PTO. Anybody know where the PTO clutch is located. maybe I've knocked a wire off. Worked fine on Saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

LoysToyz

Equipment
L3560HSTC
May 21, 2015
Falcon, CO
Hi Pat,
Thanks for the diagram.
I don't see an electrical connection in the diagram. Is it the dark spot right under the line from 120? If so, that looks like it would be inside the case of the tractor. I am still within 3 years, but I don't have much faith in my new Service Manager.
There's more to the story.
5am, I'm loading up to take it in. Flip the PTO Switch and it works as it should. Flipped it 30 more times. Sometimes a slight delay before it engages, but it did engage each time. So I took it back off the trailer. Not much sense in taking it in to be told that they can't troubleshoot the problem as it is working properly.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Document the issue with the dealer. Ideally with an email, and a request for further instructions.
Tell them it did not work, and now it does, basically copy and paste your above posts.:)

LoysToyz

Equipment
L3560HSTC
May 21, 2015
Falcon, CO
Hi William,
Good Advise and I thank you for it.
Dealer says, 13 days past 2 year warranty.
Wouldn't ya know it.
Time to invest in that expensive shop manual.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Hi William,
Good Advise and I thank you for it.
Dealer says, 13 days past 2 year warranty.
Wouldn't ya know it.
Time to invest in that expensive shop manual.
I'd make a call to Kubota. Tell them of the problem, how long you have had it, the detail that the warranty just expired (13 days is really semantics) and could they please make a note of it and consider some goodwill should it prove needed.
I used to work for Yamaha Motor Corp. and when this sort of thing was documented, we often 'did right by the customer'. I've supplied free parts to machines ten years out of warranty because the failure was not anything the customer could of ever done and was a known weak spot. So being upfront, honest and decent about your possible issue will go a long way if the problem returns and requires repair.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
While it is working try to jiggle the wire loom in that area and see if you can get it to stop working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk