DT245 Clutch Issues

John RHR

Equipment
L 245 DT (emeritus) L3902
Oct 11, 2013
Lake County, Calif
Folks -

Long hard road - My LT245DT.... Old gal, been in a bar fight - Y'all have helped me out before. Anyway, the summary - bought her for a grand, needed injectors, battery and what not.... Got about 1,400 into her so far. Today I finished dinking with the hydraulics and got the bucket working. Ho ho! Not so fast.

The clutch won't release. I had driven the tractor a few months prior - mowing.... didn't have an issue. Now... NOW.... the pedal feels normal, but the clutch won't release. I can put her in gear and start her, but that's really not the way to go. No funny noises - can't imagine the clutch plate is stuck, but what do you all think? I did get her started in one of the higher gears, pushed the clutch in, and stepped on the brakes, hoping to stall down some and break the clutch plate free of the flywheel... if that was the issue - but the clutch simply won't release.

Hoping there's some majik sauce solution here and that you can offer some salient advice. I have NO desire to do a clutch job on this thing. I *just* put the bucket back on and don't want to split the case.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance...

John

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You might get the clutch to break loose by putting it to work. Disc a garden. Plow...just something to load the system. I've even heard of guys pushing against a big tree!

If it was functioning a few months ago, it can't be TOO bad, I wouldn't think. But you know what's next....if it stays stuck!!:(