Harbor Freight 3 point quick hitch

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
Anyone have or use the Harbor Freight quick attach 3 point hitch. Saw one today, $89.00, not a bad price but just wondering how it compares to any other quick attach hitches ?

Thanks in Advance for any information

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have and use 2 of them, they work fine and dandy, yea there is better, but it hasn't failed me yet so 3 years of hard use for $90 some dollars is a great deal. ;)

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I have one and it works good butt works much better after I made a mod to it. The top link hook sits to close to the hitch so I added a 1 inch piece of bar stock to it and it improved it 100%. If you look on line you can find a 20% off cupon so it lowers the price more yet

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The wife, her mom, & sister watch all the ad packets for Harbor Freight flyers for me, and they always have 20% coupons, & occasionally throw in a 25% off coupon. I don't buy a lot of tools there, mostly consumables- latex gloves; belt sander & strip sander belts; disc sander discs, etc.. When I do buy a tool, it's nice to get 20% or 25% off. Most of the free stuff coupons are pretty worthless, but I get a lot of their work gloves for free. (I go through a lot of work gloves) Sometimes I pick up a free set of screwdrivers or the like to give to neighbors on a budget- not exactly Snapon or Craftsman, but slightly better than nothing.

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I bought the HF one new and used it for a about a year without any problems. Found a SpeeCo at a Flea market for 100$ and another one on Craigslist for 75$ both like new and better built than the HF one. Sold the HF one not because it didn't do the job but the SpeeCo is just a little nicer.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I had a SpeeCo for years, but let it go with the last tractor I sold. I bought a HF quick hitch and very satisfied. On another site they rave about Pat's Quick Hitch. I bit the bullet and bought a set and used it for 2-weeks, took them off and put the HF back on. I put the Pat's on Craigslist, still waiting for a bite.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
I have two of them. Thought about using one to make some sort of carry all or trailer hitch but never did get around to it. Too bad you aren't closer. :D

Gil Williams

Equipment
BX2660 / MX5800 / MX5100 x 2 / M6060 / BX2360 / BX2670
Aug 10, 2016
Kelso TN
I have one on my BX2660 and love it!!! Can't go wrong with it!!!
Now my MX5800 would probably destroy it.

The BX tractor will spin all the tires long before it will damage the HF quick hitch.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
For $79.00 with the coupon, it's a great deal. Yes, the top is slightly short, it works great on everything except the post hole digger, which will always be a pain!

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I had a SpeeCo for years, but let it go with the last tractor I sold. I bought a HF quick hitch and very satisfied. On another site they rave about Pat's Quick Hitch. I bit the bullet and bought a set and used it for 2-weeks, took them off and put the HF back on. I put the Pat's on Craigslist, still waiting for a bite.
I dont get the hype with Pat's? My quick hitch is similar to HF, $89. Modified my york rake to fit and bush hog lines right up.

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
I dont get the hype with Pat's? My quick hitch is similar to HF, $89. Modified my york rake to fit and bush hog lines right up.

My implement widths for the draw pins vary anywhere from 25" to 33". Im not sure a quick hitch can accommodate such variance. With Pat's, it still gives me width adjustment and the use of the normal toplink.

Im not fully "sold" on Pat's yet. They loosed up on me while running my rotary tiller. I retightened all the alignment bolts. We will see how it goes. I may have to replace all of the alignment bolts with grade8 hardware.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
My implement widths for the draw pins vary anywhere from 25" to 33". Im not sure a quick hitch can accommodate such variance. With Pat's, it still gives me width adjustment and the use of the normal toplink.

Im not fully "sold" on Pat's yet. They loosed up on me while running my rotary tiller. I retightened all the alignment bolts. We will see how it goes. I may have to replace all of the alignment bolts with grade8 hardware.
That's my situation also. I haven't had any issue of loosening though. The Pat's work very well with telescopic stabilizers. Without telescopic stabilizers I can see how they wouldn't work as well.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Ditto on the HF quick hitch. I love it and cannot imagine being without it.