Looking for Advice? Read these tips!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello there follow OrangeTractorTalkers! Mr. K here with three quick tips that will help you when it comes to posting a question in our Service, Repair & Maintenance forum.

1. Tell us what you have tried already
In addition to describing the events leading up to or the nature of your current situation, if you have already performed some diagnostics or troubleshooting yourself, be sure to include that in your problem description.

2. Include pictures if available
These come in very handy! Attach a few pictures to better get your point across.

3. Follow-up after you receive advice
If you receive advice and it helps you, please return the favor and return to the thread and post your experiences. If the advice is incorrect or turns out not to be the issue, post that too! When you report back the solution or outcome you help the future reader determine what works and what does not - something they will surely appreciate.

All community members are strongly encouraged to post the results of given advice.

Thank You
As always, myself and Vic thank you all for helping build OrangeTractorTalks into a great online resource for the Kubota enthusiast!

MODERATOR NOTE: This is now part of the Ultimate [[READ ME]]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Re: Writing HELP ME Post and THANK YOU's

Ok, another couple of requests to add to the concept.

1. When giving a title to a thread please be specific. A "Please Help", "Need Help", "Help Me", as the complete post title wastes a tremendous amount of time as those well-meaning people who open the thread are clueless about a fix or advice and don't respond.

Something like "Need help with a front axle leak", or "Please help with wiring auxiliary lights" will allow those with knowledge to focus in on the post.

2. Along with the "Thanks" please don't just drop the thread as the OP. People who have contributed want to hear back about the issue. Plus, the whole community can benefit from the knowledge that is fed back.

Just a rant. Carry on.

Reactions: 1 user

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

1. When giving a title to a thread please be specific.... Just a rant. Carry on.
Valid Rant. Though I truly hesitate on editing someone else post even though moderator tools would let me.... improving a title is one I've done just for the reasons you state.

capt.fred

Equipment
and a lifetime more.
Dec 28, 2016
Elberta, Alabama
www.biophilia.net
Help! what is the psi on my L295 hydraulic pump? I've had this grey market unit since the mid eighties and I just installed a 17" circular saw on an 8' pole on my bucket. I've been cutting branches, downing trees and shrubs. I feel I need to install an adjustable relief valve at the saw blade motor and It will help if someone knows the max psi on a L295 pump.
Presently the hyd. saw motor is protected with a back check valve and I've found the hyd fluid pressure to the pump sucks the back check valve open and I loose about 30% of my pressure. If I had a 50 hp instead of a 29 hp Kubota, the amount of hyd fluid vacuuming past the check valve would not matter. The valve is not in backwards!
If I don't make much sense, please bear with me me, I don't know much about hydraulics, I just think that would be a solution for my hard working grey L295. Over the years all my replacement parts were L295.
Thank you for any suggestions. capt.fred
P.S. I hope I'm in the correct area to post this. This is my 1st post.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia

1. When giving a title to a thread please be specific. A "Please Help", "Need Help", "Help Me", as the complete post title wastes a tremendous amount of time as those well-meaning people who open the thread are clueless about a fix or advice and don't respond.
Another forum I am on (for another vehicle) simply does not permit the use of the word, "Help" in the title unless the poster is literally broken down somewhere and needs help NOW.

I think it's a good policy. The whole point of a forum like this is to get help, and offer help. There is simply no need to use the word in the title. It often looks like groveling.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
first thing a lot of posters need is a book.

service manual or owner's manual, usually service manual will outline how to go about diagnosing a problem.

unfortunately most don't feel the need to order the WSM, and the owners manual had been torn up to wipe their butt with it the day they bought the tractor.

Then later down the line the tractor has some problem and the usual action is to ask someone else. I.E., forum. Actually that's what ASE stands for "ask someone else"...LOL. Just kidding. Never met an ASE tech that was any better than an experienced tech, just more educated (and the question is, did the education actually retain?)....and when a reply of "what does your book say" is given, they get mad.

The greatest investment of a tractor owner is a WSM. Kubota books ARE written in Jinglish but it's close enough to real English to be able to make heads or tails of. Just entertaining when they refer to flashers are winkers and relays as rerays. Keeps you on your toes.

the 3 steps above are similar to what a dealership technician uses for doing a repair; except kubota wants us all to use 4 more steps; which IMO is redundant. However we have to use them anyway (per warranty).

The best posts are the ones that have in the subject line "broken" and then the body of the message has zero punctuation and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and has no model number or history of the failure and has a VERY vague description of the actual problem or whatever those kinds just make you ignore the post and move on. I just laugh and skip them. Most of them. Sometimes I see the funny ones. "tractor is broken". My usual reply is "ok" or "fix it".

Think about it. Garbage in, garbage out.

Same for dealing with a dealer if you have a problem. If you walk in to the service office and tell the service manager that "it leaks, please fix it", and they make the repair order that way, the technician is going to be searching all over your equipment trying to find a leak. A lot of times they'll find other problems too, so now you pay more labor to find a vague issue, and secondly you pay more for fixing other issues that you don't know existed. Always be as specific as possible. Makes our jobs a lot easier. Case in point, I have a 326 in my bay at work, R/O says "makes noise". I drove the machine, turned the blades on, it makes noise. Noted normal noise on repair order and sent it back to the service manager. Little time invested. He calls customer, says noises are normal, customer shows up and says what did you do to fix it? Come to find out, the noise was a gear box noise after running a while, however now that customer has to pay for the initial diagnosis PLUS what I had to look for the second time around.