Another brand new B6000D owner (very green) with questions

nav0239

Equipment
B6000, B219 loader, 619B backhoe
Jan 4, 2015
Camano Island, WA
Just bought this B6000D with the factory loader and backhoe. I am going haul it back this weekend and start to fix the "transmission problem". It was listed by the dealer as "as is" and "requiring transmission repair". I have never been on a tractor before checking out this tractor. I have run it for about 10 minutes, it runs and moves in all gears / speed range and "supposedly" to have a high noise coming from the transmission. I can hear it like a white noise coming somewhere under or from the transmission. The noise seems stronger in high-gear range.
The dealer said it's likely that some bearing inside the transmission is bad.

My questions are:

1) Should I open up the top of transmission first, or simply split the tractor and look for damaged bearings/parts

2) Are there tests I can do first to narrow down the problem?

3) Also, I contacted Kubota and this tractor is eligible for the ROPS program. The ROPS kit B1060 is available now for $148 + shipping. However, it also requires an adapter kit B1401 which is $111 + shipping but is not available until summer? Does anybody know what kit B1401 is and if it can substituted by something else? The dealer has not been able to find out this for me.

Thanks!
nav

Attachments

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Nav,

Somebody with way better experience than me will be answering you shortly but, is that tractor manual or HST (hydrostatic) transmission?

Looks like a great model to restore! Take lots of pictures and share them as you go through the project.

Good luck & WELCOME!!!

Ray

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Nav,

Somebody with way better experience than me will be answering you shortly but, is that tractor manual or HST (hydrostatic) transmission?

Somewhere on the site is a story about a guy who split his tractor and used home made "roller skates" for the two halves of the tractor. Made splitting it heck of a lot easier!

Looks like a great model to restore! Take lots of pictures and share them as you go through the project.

Good luck & WELCOME!!!

Ray

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
The dealer said it's likely that some bearing inside the transmission is bad.

They must have a great service department! :rolleyes:

Check the fluid level - is it full? Clean? No grinding noises? Is there another tractor shop you can take it to?

nav0239

Equipment
B6000, B219 loader, 619B backhoe
Jan 4, 2015
Camano Island, WA
It's manual 8 speed. I would love to get a HST but those are out of my budget. I settled down on this one because of the backhoe and price.

I checked the fluid level at the dealer's. The transmission fluid is way down that I could not even reach it with the stick thingy. Other fluid levels are OK and coolant is clean and green. I didn't check loader / backhoe fluid since they all move OK.

There is no grinding noise. I am getting it delivered and don't have a means to haul it myself at the moment. So, I will have to try to repair it myself first? I have fixed cars before, so hope it's not much different. The most difficult thing for me is probably to diagnose and identify the bad part.

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum and your new to you tractor.