Info on newer engines, DPF, DOC, tier 4, etc

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thread was dormant for years. Came back to life because a “new member” from Turkey posted what was really just advertising for a software based DPF delete that might or might not work but is clearly 100% illegal in many countries. That got taken down. The responses were left up so unless you saw the posts from the delete software advertiser before they were taken down, the reactions to it look a bit odd.
Interesting.

I hadn't noticed that the post about the emulator had been removed.

SDT

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I'd be more than happy to "delete" my Kubota tractor just like a pickup. There is zero benefit of having a DPF to the tractor...it results in additional fuel consumption and potentially more engine issues. It keeps a small amount of particulate matter in a filter which then uses additional fuel to burn off. The software delete from Turkey would probably only work if the DPF was physically removed and a custom exhaust put in place, but the other ECU timer parameters to start a regen would still be in place. Sending additional unburned fuel down a hot exhaust with no DPF in place anymore might be a bad idea...

Reactions: 1 user

MOTOROLANUT

Equipment
Grand L4240, LA854 FEL
Apr 25, 2021
West Virginia
I'd be more than happy to "delete" my Kubota tractor just like a pickup. There is zero benefit of having a DPF to the tractor...it results in additional fuel consumption and potentially more engine issues. It keeps a small amount of particulate matter in a filter which then uses additional fuel to burn off. The software delete from Turkey would probably only work if the DPF was physically removed and a custom exhaust put in place, but the other ECU timer parameters to start a regen would still be in place. Sending additional unburned fuel down a hot exhaust with no DPF in place anymore might be a bad idea...
And this is EXACTLY why I searched for months for a mint PRE-tier IV emissions tractor. Whether it be pre cats, cats, docs, dpf or egrs, in the end they all amount to problems with gas or diesel engines. So very glad I don't have to mess with that crap. God I miss the good old days of leaded gas and high sulfur diesel fuel! :cry:

Reactions: 1 user