Light mounting on FEL

Garandman

Equipment
L3200, SSQA bucket, pallet forks, Ratchet Rake, Wallenstein BX42s chipper
Sep 1, 2014
Boston / Sullivan County NH
In case anyone is wondering, there is a spare connector for the factory-optional work lights under the left fender on the L3200.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Here is a question. Do you think 2 small 3/8 holes to bolt a light up will greatly affect the safety of the r o p s ?
use a couple 3/8" metal hose clamps around the ROPS to hold the lights on. In case you want to move or change the lights, its all easily adjusted, and the ROPS is still intact.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Technically the answer is NO. You shouldn't drill or weld on your ROPS system. I recently did it for a friend/customer on his BX and the only reason I did it is he asked me to do it plus he never ever used his ROPS in the upright position because of its height so I lowered it. It marks the very first time I did something like that but although I'm positive it's as good as OEM I wasn't comfortable doing it. His issue was the ROPS was to high
And had to be lowered 9.5". He's happy now and uses it in its upright position.

In your case there's a few ways to add lighting to your ROPS. You can clamp a bar to your ROPS via u bolts or you can use some Click Bond ancores to attach to the ROPS then bolt your lights to them. I can't seem to attach a link to this post right now but if you click on my YouTube link and go to my video with the fire extinguisher you can view how it's done.
This might work :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WVlaTzU1a8c
Wildfire and all:

No, you should not drill into a ROP! IF you want to attach to it. It is simple. Use Click Bond. If you don't want to do that, put a metal square tube on with clamps, drilling only the tube to install the lights or whatever.

Click Bond is my favorite. There are many posts on you tube and if you google it, you will find dealers and the stuff works. This stuff made for aircraft and it is STRONG!

I used click bond for my ROP lights routing the power from under the left fender. It is easy to use.

Burt

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
I posted this about a year ago.

Default Work Lights
OK..I know its not the prettiest...but it works. The headlights on my B7500 are worthless, and with the FEL, even worse. So I needed some lights for the snow season. I bought 2 LED 27w from ebay, and used some unistrut that I had on hand. Since I use the tractor for bush hogging and clearing brush, I wanted something I could remove easily, since they wouldnt last long in the woods. I tried them on the ROPS, but didnt like the glare that I got with the lights behind be. I notched the unistrut to fit over the FEL bracket, then attached with the FEL cross brace bolt. Wiring was a toggle switch on the dash, relay, and two, 2wire trailer plugs. To remove the lights, I just unplug, remove one bolt, and lift off. I could have made it prettier, but i settled for functional. Lotsa light for aroud $60 total investment.

Attachments

Garandman

Equipment
L3200, SSQA bucket, pallet forks, Ratchet Rake, Wallenstein BX42s chipper
Sep 1, 2014
Boston / Sullivan County NH
I found a 4" x 3" rectangular U bolt at Tractor Supply (trailer parts) that I'm going to use to mount the LED on the ROPS.

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
I found a 4" x 3" rectangular U bolt at Tractor Supply (trailer parts) that I'm going to use to mount the LED on the ROPS.
Just realize before hand that you'll be sitting in front of a lot of glare, better to be behind the glare. Can be tolerated, but affects your visual perspective. At least that's been my experiences.

Ron

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Just realize before hand that you'll be sitting in front of a lot of glare, better to be behind the glare. Can be tolerated, but affects your visual perspective. At least that's been my experiences.

Ron

That was the experience I had with work lights mounted on the ROPS. I blamed it on the fact I wear glasses. It was annoying.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Just came in from checking out my new work lights, ROPS mountedhttp://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/navigatorreg%3B-heavy-duty-led-work-lamp-4-1-4-in-x-4-1-4-in-square-clear-lens-16-watt?cm_vc=IOPDP Wow, so nice to see in the night. The stock headlights were pretty much useless blinding me with reflection off the FEL.

Thanks to you guys, I was able to locate the electrical leads for work lights that come off the 20 amp fuse in the fuse box. On the BX2360 they were located just behind the top link bar at the 3ph, wrapped in black tape. I simply ran wire to the lights and inserted a fuse and a switch on the positive lead.

I'd post a picture of the set-up but am embarrassed by the industrial utility of the look. Anyway, tomorrow, I'm going to pick up http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&intv_id=10001&langId=-1&evtype=CpgnClick&cm_vc=RecentlyViewedPDP&productId=289515&catalogId=10051&mpe_id=10051&ddkey=http:ClickInfo so I can see in both directions and all around.