L175 Sheet metal work ************

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
CCW, looks like crap and scary then looks very nice and safe :D

I think you already posted one in the past, but do you have a pic with the boat hooked up to the tractor?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I don't think I have ever seen a rim that bad with the tire still holding air. That is some kind of nasty. No wonder you were nervous. New one looks great.:D:D Dusty

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I think you already posted one in the past, but do you have a pic with the boat hooked up to the tractor?
No I don't have any pics with the boat on the tractor. I am going to get some as soon as I finish the paining. The tractor will look great for the photo opp. :D :D :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I don't think I have ever seen a rim that bad with the tire still holding air. That is some kind of nasty. No wonder you were nervous. New one looks great.:D:D Dusty

I was totally amazed too. Chunks of this rust would come out 1/4" thick and everytime I was expecting the tire to go flat or just collapse. :eek: :eek: :eek:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Got the final coat sprayed tonight. Nice! :D

I might check with a painter I know and see what he would charge me to clear all this. It does look good but a clear coat would look like an orange mirror. :D :D :D

Yea, I know it is just a tractor, that is what they say at work. Sure would be nice to have a FLASHY tractor though. :D :D

Depending on the clear idea we should be mounting all these parts this weekend. I can't wait. :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
IT IS FINISHED ! ! !

Check out this pic................oooooops wrong tractor. :D :D :D

I decided to pass on the clear coat so I bolted everything on this evening. It got too late so I will have to post pics tomorrow night. :(

It sure looks beautiful!!! New decals on the hood and all new paint. I got me a new Kubota!!!! :D :D :D :D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Here she is!!!!!
The pics you have been waiting for!!!! Me too because that means I'm done with painting and ready to use my tractor finally. :D :D :D

It really feels to me like I'm looking at a brand new tractor. This is the same color as current production and it makes this tractor look as good as and even better, to me, than one with a "coupon book". :D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I keep looking at it and looking at it. It really turned out very nicely and I am pleased with it. I guess I am still amazed at how different it looks than when I got it. It was so smashed and faded and now it is so shiney and clean that I am still trying to get my head around this new look and feel.

YIPEEEEEEEE ! ! ! :D :D :D :D

I'm just tickled orange. :D :D :D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Wow that looks great. Feels good huh. Awesome work.:cool: Dusty

Thanks Dusty :)
It feels so good I just have to keep posting pics. :D

I'm kind of surprised at the sun wash out in some pics. I had it sitting in the shade and this camera is quite a pricey nice piece. Maybe I should have used a lens filter. I have some but I expected that the shade would give me enough cover. :( guess not

The color even looks off in some pics.:mad:

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Some of this blue was done at the time of building the engine back but I think this is the first time I have posted these pics too. You can see this tractor is clean top to bottom.

The silver paint on the shifter positions was a paint marker. It worked very nicely and easy. I just rubbed it over the top of the castings and it looks like I stenciled it out.:D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I took some shots to show inside and out of the fenders. They have a great shine. For starting off with rusted hulls for rear fenders they have made a total transition. Kind of hard for me to think of these as the same fenders that were on it when I got it.

Nice fenders for getting crushed in a rollover. :D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Here is a pic to give some small perspective of before and after. I took this pic from the best angle the tractor had when I brought it home. Notice the fender is almost touching the tire. eek!
The next pic is not the exact same shot but it is similar for comparison sake.

And here is a pic just so you look up to a Kubota. :D :D :D :D

Attachments

Last edited:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I custom made this tip for the exhaust. The pattern and concept comes from late model OTR trucks that have particulate filter cleaning called "regen". When the exhaust goes into this regen mode the heat expelled from the exhaust could start a grass or other material fire so the tip is made to address this situation. With it's design the tip will fan out the exhaust and create a turbulent that rolls the hot and mixes it with cold air to dilute the high temps down.
When I saw this work I noticed that there was no exhaust pulsing in a specific direction but rather scattered out everywhere. This gave me an idea. :) If I can spread out the exhaust then I won't kick up dirt and grass around the tractor.

Guess what.................................... it works VERY well. The exhaust will barely make a blade of grass move at 2000 rpm. :D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
This is mostly what the tractor does right now. I don't have enough room on my little .8 acres to move the boats around in the back with the Suburban. The tractor can move the boats around with ease and pleanty of space which lets the inlaws have a larger garden and I can still get into my shop.

Now it is done and I can get my boats fixed too. :D

I hope the pics were good for someone working on a restore project.

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nice work aquaforce. I know that you are proud to have it done but it sure looks like all the hard work paid off for you.

Your operator in training looked like everything was up to the proper standards and was ready to go for a ride.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Nice work aquaforce. I know that you are proud to have it done but it sure looks like all the hard work paid off for you.

Your operator in training looked like everything was up to the proper standards and was ready to go for a ride.

Thanks. :)

That is my youngest who is 1. The whole time I was working on the tractor it was so cute to see here find me in the shop and come running with her hands up in the air because she wanted to get up on the seat and turn the steering wheel. My little dolly. :D :D :D