Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 03-29-2014   #11
Big Orange
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Red face Re: New to Front Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukes909 View Post
Brought home a 3301 yesterday with an LA525 loader on the front! While I've used a Ford 8N for 15 years or so, I've never had a tractor with a loader before. Any operating advice or instruction is welcome!

Dukester
My first day with mine I tried to pick up a big rock on a small hill, the back wheel came up over a foot off the ground. never been so scared in my life.
I immediately went to work on a counter weight. I am no where near alot of the guys on here for quality but it works great. a draw bar through a 55 gallon rubber maid can with a little steel and an old trailer, hitch then filled it with concrete and weighs about 1100 lbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 020.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	11051   Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 021.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	11052  
Big Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2014   #12
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Default Re: New to Front Loader

I would suggest to learn the controls of your loader on flat ground, open space with a pile of road rock or dirt you can play with.

There is a reason your joystick puts the loader down when you push it forward. It's a natural reaction under stress. Pulling towards you brings the bucket up, so if you get stressed you at lease release your hand and the upward movement ends.

Get good and comfortable with your loader before you add counter weights, or any others tools that allow you to go beyond your skill level! You'll develop skill, confidence and safety and way less likely to do something stupid and dangerous to you and others.
D2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3301, loader, safety