Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 06-25-2013   #1
Grateful Farmer

Unhappy clutch problem on B1750 HST

I have a Kubota B1750 HST with a belly mower. When I purchased it, I noticed that the rear PTO would turn when the front PTO was turning for the mower. I thought this was not possible, but it didn't hurt it's operation. Now all of a sudden, when I push the clutch, the PTO does not disengage and the mower keeps spinning. I have to start the tractor with the mower engaged. The clutch pedal feels the same. Am I looking at a separation of the tractor and a complete rebuild of the clutch? or am I possibly over looking something?
Grateful Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2013   #2
kc8fbl
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Send a message via Yahoo to kc8fbl
Default Re: clutch problem on B1750 HST

Are you fully depressing the clutch? I'm not sure if that model has a 2 stage clutch or not.
Old 06-26-2013   #3
kubotasam
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower

Sounds like the clutch disk has stuck to the flywheel. Push the clutch pedal down and try to drive the tractor. If it moves /drives, then the disk is stuck to the flywheel. Sometimes they can be freed up by putting a load on them with the clutch pedal down. With a HST transmission this means working the tractor with the pedal pushed down. I would start with lots of stop and go jerky back and forth driving. If that does not work then try pulling something heavy or run a chain to a tree and pull. Do you have a rototiller? If yes tilling some ground would put a double load on the clutch to help break it free. Remember all of this must be done with the clutch pedal down.
Sometimes there is nothing you can do but split the tractor and open the clutch to free it. Hopefully yours is not stuck to bad.
kubotasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #4
Grateful Farmer

Thanks for the info. Yes I do have a rototiller. I will try your suggestions. What makes the the clutch disk stick to the flywheel? If I am able to free it up, what will keep it from happening again?
Grateful Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #5
Fastest1
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 1994 B5200 FEL

Kubota sends a wooden block to keep the clutch pedal pressed down. A small piece of 2x4 placed under the floorboard would work too.
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #6
bulldog_shotgun
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2150HST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
Kubota sends a wooden block to keep the clutch pedal pressed down. A small piece of 2x4 placed under the floorboard would work too.
i think that a b1750 like my b2150 will actually have a lever for that on the side near the clutch pedal its a little tab that flips over and catches in teeth, to hold the pedal down. so that friction plates dont rust to the pressure plate and flywheel.
bulldog_shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b1750, clutch, hst, pto