BX2200 electrical demons

gardiam1

Equipment
BX2200D
Oct 8, 2013
Thurmont, MD US
howdy - I've got a BX2200 that came used to me. Its emergency flashers and turn signals have never worked. The switches are good and the flasher unit makes clicking noises when energized. The turn signal switch has power to it but the emergency flasher doesn't. There's also a six or eight way plug under the dash that's not plugged into anything (seems mighty suspicious to me...). Can anyone help me out with an electrical schematic for this model? I can't troubleshoot it any farther without some idea of which color wires are going where.

Any helpful hints would be gladly welcomed, of course! Thanks!

gardiam1

Equipment
BX2200D
Oct 8, 2013
Thurmont, MD US
Hey Steve - Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, Kubota won't allow Messicks or anyone else direct access to their online parts catalog. I've trolled the Kubota site in Japan, and it provided nothing of value. Apparently the only place that schematics appear is in the repair manual. It was my hope that such diagrams might be available on this site, but alas, apparently not.

I need to find a buddy who already has the manual and is willing to scan a few pages. Any candidates out there?

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Check the ground wires/connections, if your flashers are mounted directly on something metal like a fender or rosp, then try twisting the flasher with the switch on and see if it flashes.

gardiam1

Equipment
BX2200D
Oct 8, 2013
Thurmont, MD US
The wiring harness provides a ground connection for all of the rear lights; they're not grounded to the frame. I could at least check those connections to see if they actually are grounded, though. Loose connections are pretty likely suspects in this situation.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.

gardiam1

Equipment
BX2200D
Oct 8, 2013
Thurmont, MD US
Prof - thanks for pointing me in the right direction. When I finally found the electrical diagrams (at the very end of the manual, of course) I couldn't believe my eyes. Now to print them out and trace some wires! This isn't really *that* much fun, but it will be much better than wondering what the heck is going on inside the wiring harness. I really appreciate your help!

Have a great afternoon!

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Another thank you Prof!!! I've been looking for one of those online. :)

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Start simple.

Confirm the bulbs are good and the sockets are clean (expect corrosion and dust accumulation) and making contact to bulb. Use a multimeter to confirm electrical continuity through bulb / socket combination. May need to break into connector near lamp fixture itself to gain access to wiring near bulb and socket.

Install new bulbs or clean used bulbs with a dab of nonconductive clear silicone grease (sometimes known as plumbers silicone stem grease).

The unconnected connector you mention finding MIGHT be an artifact of the wiring harness for use in a different model of your machine.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.