Shuttle Shift Lever Adjustment and Parts Question

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Dear Fellow Owners-of-Orange:

See attached PDF of my Parts Manual concerning the shuttle shift lever on an L-35. Refer to items #050-060-070-080-100: the spring pivot bolt.

Does anyone reading this have a photo of what their (possibly any model) shuttle shift lever spring and bolt assembly looks like?

According to the Parts Diagram I'm missing what looks like a sleeve on the bolt but I don't see where it might fit. I'm starting to think someone has used an incorrect part in the past as when pretty tight the nut only seats onto the bolt about half-depth (this after compressing the spring fully).

I have discovered that the back-and-forth action of the lever can be adjusted and made 'smoother'-acting by tightning the nut on the bolt the spring rides on.

The shuttle shift lever (transmission) was experiencing a solid 'thunk' when moved in either direction. Tightning the nut holding the spring resulted in greatly increased smoothness back-and-forth. Only thing I can figure is that when 'loose' the spring action let the lever seat too deeply into the center locating notch and caused me to have to work the lever too hard too fast and the transmission didn't 'see' a sliding motion. Somewhat counter-intuitive, but that's what happened.

I don't have the WSM and no mention of this potential adjustment is made otherwise in the documentation I have.

Advice, insights, ideas, and experiences all desired.

Thanks in advance for your interest and assistance.

/s/Stubb

Attachments