BX1500 HST "SNAP" Broke?

JimJ

Equipment
BX15 with front loader mower deck
Dec 9, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
My BX1500 was scooping a load of dirt with front loader, while slightly moving forward while pressing the HST pedal. There was a 'SNAP', then the HST pedal went limp. No resistance at all pressing forward or back. No leaks visible, engine runs fine. But no go. Had to tow it back to the barn.
Help on ideas where to start would be appreciated. The 4WD and neutral/speed levers seem to be engaging and normal. Hydraulic oil level is good and was changed at the shop not too long ago.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Another BX owner recently had a similar occurrence.
It turned out the linkage between the pedal and the transmission had come off when a clip or nut fell off.

Part number 150, a nut or at the other end of rod 120

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

JimJ

Equipment
BX15 with front loader mower deck
Dec 9, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
Dave - much thanks. That's what it was. Part 130 in the thumbnail separated. Looks like a small ball and socket type joint. I popped it back on so can move the tractor around. I'll get a replacement coming. Always nice to find its something simple! Jim

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Dave - much thanks. That's what it was. Part 130 in the thumbnail separated. Looks like a small ball and socket type joint. I popped it back on so can move the tractor around. I'll get a replacement coming. Always nice to find its something simple! Jim
Thanks for the update.

Dave

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
I did a similar repair on my BX1800, but, rather than that linkage, I had to replace the small hydraulic cylinder next to it. In my case, that cylinder was completely seized. After I replaced it, the pedal worked great.