Weather

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Heavy rain yesterday, another storm system moving through the area now with more heavy rain. I guess no tractor work this weekend, everything is so muddy. Maybe come Wednesday it will be dry enough for me to get out and at least mow.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
There is a difference between fabricated data, which these reports do not seem to be, and inappropriate interpretations.

I would call misrepresenting a photograph of melting sea ice as outright dishonest. And, I would call claims that the polar ice cap is virtually gone dishonest given the data which clearly proves otherwise. We have to be able to agree on facts, however inconvenient.

The speaker in tne video is just as guilty of cherry picking data points as the people he is criticizing.

I have heard numerous media stories and comments about the polar ice field being nearly gone. A satellite photo of the ice pack is not what I would call "cherry-picking." It is a clear and unambiguous piece of evidence to the contrary of the media story we hear constantly.

Unfortunately neither practice leads us to the truth.

I disagree. One side of this argument states that this is "settled science" which is an affront to the very nature of the scientific method. Science is never settled. It evolves through research and repeatable hypotheses not through declarations that the discussion is closed.

No single weather event proves or disproves the likelihood that significant climate change is occurring.

I agree with that statement 100%.

However man is doing an outstanding job of contaminating the environment and "exceeding the carrying capacity of the range". Common sense would suggest that those polluting practices are a bad idea.
The idea that a natural gas can be labeled a "contaminant" is unsupported conjecture. Yes, man has produced CO2. But Mt. Pinatubo produced more greenhouse gasses in 30 days than all of mankind since the 1900's. Undersea volcanoes erupt daily and release billions of tons of green house gasses and yet no models take this into account either. And as this article states, the CO2 levels in the ice cores show massively higher numbers than those exhibited since the Industrial Revolution. And we know that plant life consumes CO2 and no models I have read account for the ability of the ecosystem to absorb excess CO2. Last I checked, no computer models take into account the single largest producer of heat in our solar system: The sun.

Not to get into a long winded argument but, the weather patterns across the globe have changed since the cooling of the surface of the planet began billions of years ago. That is a simple matter of historical fact. Many of these periods showed much higher greenhouse gasses before mankind existed in any great numbers. All this poster (and me) are saying is that there is no concrete and verifiable connection between anthropomorphic environmental stimuli. The models commonly relied upon omit or downplay many naturally occurring environmental stimuli.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All you need do is follow the money and see who is getting the big bucks for saying the end is near, and where they money is coming from. Like the man said the earth weather systems are a fluid system and they change.
If any one wants to dig deeper the last ice age in europe was caused by massive volcano activity. In effect sending clouds of dust in to the air and cutting off the suns warming rays by reflecting them back in to space.
The resulting fine dust took almost 100 years to settle out before the suns rays could effectively reheat the earth
And remember that back in the early 70s, the same so called experts were calling for a mini ice age.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
What Brother Skeets said. But let's hear what the head of the U.N. Climate Committee said in 2017...

This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.

This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history."

Christiana Figueres

Christiana Figueres was appointed as the new Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in 2010, and was reappointed for a second three year term in July 2013.

Put simply, they want to do away with Capitalism.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03/un-official-admits-global-warming-agenda-really-about-destroying-capitalism

Last edited:

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Climate change is such a cult, that as a skeptic I have to keep my mouth shut to avoid having one of the "enlightened" lecture me. Of course, I am not entitled to an opinion for any number of reasons starting with "white privilege"...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I dumped 5" from my rain gauge this morning. Had an empty protein tub in the back of my truck and was amazed when I looked in there!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I have not heard whether the flooding in the upper Midwest is getting worse with all the rain. Did the water crest yet?

Look out Mississippi...

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have not heard whether the flooding in the upper Midwest is getting worse with all the rain. Did the water crest yet?

Look out Mississippi...
In our area (Madison/Jersey County) the waters have dropped, but with all the rain they have slowed the drop. We are still at major/moderate flooding levels, looking at the river forecast, we are going to stabilize for a few days and then hopefully start dropping again. Lots of farm ground still under water.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Cutting hay tomorrow. Finally. Should be second cut, not first.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
chopping hay here in S. Vt today. After three days of sun, and rain again tomorrow.

Those windrows were bulked up 4 feet high and wide tonnage in every row.