Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 12-17-2018   #11
ducatiduke
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default Re: L35 1999 - So much fun with a bit of clutch and air filter mysteries

@NIW - when you write -

That with the steering loss, points to the pump or possibly it's just sucking air into the pump, look for weeping leaks around the suction pipe and all fittings.
I have seen and heard of them wearing holes in the suction pipe, having bad seals, and bad connections on rubber lines causing air to become entrained in the fluid causing all sorts of issues.

How would you suggest troubleshooting this? Would old school vacuum testing with smoke work from the automotive days?
ducatiduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2018   #12
ducatiduke
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default Re: L35 1999 - So much fun with a bit of clutch and air filter mysteries

@Mpaavola - wow! If it is noticeable, i will just go look at the lines. Thx!
ducatiduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018   #13
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiduke View Post
@NIW - when you write -

That with the steering loss, points to the pump or possibly it's just sucking air into the pump, look for weeping leaks around the suction pipe and all fittings.
I have seen and heard of them wearing holes in the suction pipe, having bad seals, and bad connections on rubber lines causing air to become entrained in the fluid causing all sorts of issues.

How would you suggest troubleshooting this? Would old school vacuum testing with smoke work from the automotive days?
Look for wet spots first, if it's at all dirty, clean around all the lines with a degreaser, then run it a bit and look for fluid, it won't be much.
Old 12-18-2018   #14
L35
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper

There is 3. I replaced mine because they were dry rotted. Very light seepage on the protective braid but no dripping overall.
L35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air filter, clutch, fuel filter, l35, transmission