F3060 Hydrostatic problem

Richard_c

Aug 21, 2010
Greely, ON
Hey,
I've got an F3060 with an HST Problem. The machine starts and drives fine in 2wd or 4wd for the first minute or so, then it loses most of its drive power. It will not climb the smallest of hills in forward or reverse. It doesn't seem to lose PTO, power steering or deck lifting power though. I've changed the UDT fluid and filter and checked the metal pick up screen. Did not see any metal shavings. The tranny cooler is still cool to the touch when it starts to lose power. The hydrostatic has the classic whining sound, but it seems excessively loud. The local Kubota dealer suggested replacing the entire HST, but that just seems excessive at $3200 for parts alone. I've tried to find a parts list or service manual but they're not cheap, and I am.

Any thoughts?
Richard

bowfan

Equipment
F3060
Jun 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, USA
Hello Richard in Ontario,

I wish I could help you, because that would mean that I was able to fix my F3060 with the same problem. :confused:

Mine will start to lose power to drive after it runs about 10-15 minutes, weather hot 85-90F. Motor doesn't seem to lose power. Just the ability to drive up hill. I don't hear much HST whine with mine.

Let us know if you were able to solve your problem, and how you did it.

I've picked up a Kubota factory service manual and will go over mine and try to find the solution. If I find it, I will post it. ;)