BX25D Stabilizers and PTO

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
From an earlier tread, for the new owners.

Here are two of the easiest mod to do on a small tractor.

First every morning when I go out to the rig-a-dig the BH stabilizers have settle a bit and this is normal on hydraulics, but unsettling if you forget and barely clear the door frame. So took two length of 3/8” polypropylene rope made a loop on one end, fed the loose end around the shaft and tied back. It is gentle and easy to remove when using the BH.

Next, that wonderful high tech machined PTO spindle with all those highly machined teeth looks so naked, hanging down below the floor boards in the dirt and mud. So took a short piece of Schedule 40 PVC water pipe, stuck a cap on the end, slathered some grease on that bare spindle and slid the short piece of pipe over it flush to the trans. Fiction fit peace of mind for this kid. Note, still there after 440 hours of digging in the dirt.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Did the same thing for my B670 hoe with a piece of scrap chain & a couple hooks I had laying around. There is just enough slack in it to unhook it, but not enough to let 'em sag. I also made a cover for my PTO shaft, but don't have a pic for some reason.:confused:

Attachments