Leaking HST BX25D

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Hello , I have a 2014 BX25D tlb (242 hours) and it appears the transmission is leaking from the gasket on the right side of the HST . Not the axle housing , but what appears to be the large cover (side) of the trans. Two questions for you all . First,,, where is the vent for the trans located ? Next question,, under warranty work will they come pick up the machine and bring it back when done ? Ok , just a bit of venting here but I have had leaking lines , loose bolts, linkages on the backhoe come loose and just poor quality control from being assembled . Don't get me wrong , I love this little monster . Nothing out works a Kubota . But getting a little tired of going back and fixing things because of improper assembly . There , I feel better ,lol . Thanks in advance for your help .

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Well I can't help you with the vent but I can tell you unless your dealer offered free pickup/delivery (mine did and extended the warrenty for 4 years) at the time of purchase you would be responsible for getting the machine back and forth for warrenty work.

I had a fitting slow leak the first day I got it 2 years ago (union was a tad loose). I just tightened it up and 210hrs later no other problems. Hopefully you're in a similar situation and this is the end of your headaches. They really are solid machines!

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
The dealer I bought from is now out of business . So , the closest dealer is 35 miles away . Forunatley it is on my way to work so not really out of the way for me . Just have to borrow a trailer . Not a big deal either. I will keep an eye on the leak and try to wait till March before I take it in . Kind of need the machine right now for snow removal . But as soon as the frost comes out of the ground I will need it . Looks like a MAJOR job to fix . Any of the problems I've had so far I fixed myself . But this one looks like a biggie so it will be warranty work this time .