3 point lift

skipbasler

Equipment
b7200 hste, befco finish mower, grader blade
Jan 28, 2015
North Port Fl.
New to Kubota. Have a problem with lift speed on b7200 hste. I know there is an adjustment bolt to slow UP the DOWN on my 3 point. But is there an adjustment to slow DOWN the UP?? This things down can be managed with a VERY light touch on the control, but a light touch on the up first closes the by pass in the valve (pump moans), a bit more and the implement rises a foot,,NOW!!! May be a time when this is desirable, just can't imagine when.
Any advise (short of selling it and buying another Ford) will be appreciated.
Thanks, Skip

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum. How long have you had this tractor? When did it start this?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That model has one of the most complex 3 point valves around.
Externally you could check that the feed back linkage is working right and not binding.
Internally I would recommend buying the WSM, it will walk you through the entire setup, repair and adjustment of that valve.
It's not a cheap manual but it will be well worth the money!
http://www.messicks.com/partdetail/97897-10713.aspx

skipbasler

Equipment
Jan 28, 2015
North Port Fl.
Apologize guys, I should have been more specific. Only had the unit a couple of months. I think it was born this way. Haven't used it yet, it had been neglected and needed a lot of fixin (lot more than I saw when I bought it! Boy, Kubota sure thinks a lot of their parts!!!) Wolfman, this unit does NOT have a position control lift. Looking at the parts list it appears to have a simple, single spool, 4 port valve. Any valve timing being machined into the spool/valve body. No possible adjustments. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I can live with the lift most of the time (mowing), need to do some grade work soon. With the violent action on the lift that aint gonna be fun. 'Course my kid has my grader blade and I can't seem to get the little devil to give it back, so that "fun" may be far in the future. One thought occurred to me, maybe the pump pressure relief valve needs cleaning/ adjustment (if adjustable at all). No clue where it is, don't see it in the parts list.
Thanks for the interest guys, Skip

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Haven't used it yet, it had been neglected and needed a lot of fixin (lot more than I saw when I bought it! Boy, Kubota sure thinks a lot of their parts!!!)
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I can relate. I bought a faded old B2150D that seemed to need a little TLC, that turned into major headaches in pretty much every system except for the 3 point (thankfully, I have position control). But some of the Kubota parts are just staggering at the cost. With the exception of rebuilding the loader lift cylinders that weeped a little to start with but getting worse, I think I've got it mostly back to functional status. Other than to commiserate, I can't offer much, so good luck...

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Skip,

I just went through heck getting my defective 3pt valve replaced under warranty by Kubota. The valve alone for the L3800 has no replaceable parts and must be purchased intact: $950US

Hog ho-ey.

The parts are pretty simple inside and any machine shop could probably make you a new valve piston and lap it to the housing for $300. Yours sounds more complex but, before buying "Kubota Gold," stop by a local machine shop. They might be able to get you going again for a lot less.

Who knows, a thorough cleaning of yours might solve the problem...

The MX manual is a must!

Good luck and keep us tuned.

Ray

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry assumed it had position control.

I don't think its a pressure relief problem, that usually involves the lack of lift, not the over speeding of it.

Now the feed back being, bent, broken, binding will cause your symptoms.

If you feel you need to get into the pressure relief section it's under cover 140.

Attachments

skipbasler

Equipment
Jan 28, 2015
North Port Fl.
Well, thanks guys, ya'll tried. I'll have to learn to cope with it. The feed back linkage is straight and free ('bout the only thing on this poor thing that was). I saw the relief valve in the rear lift and figured it was for overload protection, never dreamed it was a pump relief valve.
Thanks again folks, Skipper