No fuel teturn

Tmar04

Equipment
Mowing
Aug 28, 2013
Eastman Georgia
Don't really know. Bought it not running(project case) guess better pull injectors and take to shop. Just looking for easiest way to get it running). Thanks for reply.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I think I'm missing some information here. Are you saying there's no fuel return on the return line or no fuel to the injectors?

First thing, regardless, if it's been sitting around for years without running is to pull all the fuel system and clean it up. While the injectors are out, put some machine oil in the piston head spaces, do an engine oil change (inspecting for water or other contaminants), and if it all looks good, turn it over by hand, slowly until you are sure the machine oil is coating all piston surfaces and the excess is pushed out the injector holes. Pulling the valve cover and manually oiling the valves is a good idea too. All this will help prevent a nasty dry start.

After that, check the air intake for any debris, nests, mouse/rodent activity, etc. Then you'll need to crank it over with the starter and see if you get oil pressure. No oil pressure, you have a whole mess of stuff to investigate.

Actually attempting to start the engine should not be done until you have verified you have clean fuel, clean oil with pressure, and clean intake air.

I cringe every time I see someone grab a new battery, hop on a tractor that's been sitting in a field or barn for years without starting and try to fire it up without doing basic checks!