Rebuiding Cab

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Jerry, Thanks for the compliments. I don't have a metal brake , all I do is score the piece on the backside with a cutting wheel on an angle grinder. It creates a weak point where you want your bend. I use fairly thick material but you can use this method with thinner metal as well , you just have to be carefull not to score it too deeply. And I will be busy just getting this done before snow:D

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
You May want to Put a Fan in There Blowing on the Front Window, or Install a Heater.

The Windows May Fog Up Really Bad in Winter without them.

Bubba

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Do you want to exchange with mine~~???
Wow, it looks a far better than mine~~~~~:p

I went to county road #9 (Dundalk road) yesterday. around 13 Km drive with
my B7510DT... it took me 1 hour and a half to get there for one way...:(
My old tractor was 70 Hp and it takes around 40 mins to 50 mins. but this small baby don't want to run...

I bought 6' snow blower (McKee) for 21 Hp B7510...
I wanted for 5' but can't find one. I hope it is okay...:eek:

and my old tractor that I build cab with 2x4 and 2x2 with Plexi-glass,
never needed wiper and never fogging up on the windshield.
Well~ I never had heater or fan though.
So new cabin I built... I'm going to wait and see.

Fantastic job Dusty~~~!

Joe.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
On my b7200 I raised the back of the engine cover up 2 inches and had that open up right into the cab. It never fogged up even in rain. I am going to do the same with the b8200. We will see if you still want to trade when you see this thing finished. I think it is going to look huge on this tractor. And it is going to be heavy. Any way I got a little more done today. I installed the sliding window, and got the window frame in the stationary part of the slider and got one widow frame done on the door. Boy it takes me a long time to do stuff . But I am still enjoying myself.:D

Attachments

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Wow, You have a deer in your house~!!!
Nice looking door... I wish I had a window made onto my door~:eek:
It would been nice to go through the Tim Horton's drive through~:D

Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh~ I finished modifying snow blade...
I'll post it as soon as I take the picture.

Joe.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Yup I have a deer at my house. It is a hunting decoy from TSC .My wife wanted a lawn ornament. She got one. My sliding window is on the wrong side for tim hortons. Is there a law against backing through the drive through. OK I made a couple of mistakes on the cab that really stand out. Both of them where the top and bottom separates On the right hand side there is an angle iron facing up and out as part of the bottom ,and a square tube sits in it as part of the top. It means that water and dirt will sit in there. To big a hassle to change it. On the other side (door side) where the front top attaches to the bottom there is an angle iron that joins top and bottom that sticks down 4 inches farther than the rest of the top of the cab. Sooo!!! the top of the cab when separated will sit uneven, making it rocky and a pain in the behind to move. This I have fixed. P.S Joe, I am really looking forward to seeing that blade.

Attachments

Last edited:

mtaylor

Equipment
L210
Jun 15, 2009
nacogdoches,tx usa
Great looking work!! In Texas we would be going for A/C instead of heat.:):)
How much weight will the cab add to the tractor? I'm wondering if you work on much of a slpoe will it change the center of gravity?

Mike

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I'm thinkin the same thing Mike. But I will be testing it before I do a whole lot of side hill work. Not that I plan a whole lot of side hill work with this tractor and I don't take chances on side hills. But you need to know what your tractor is going to do before it does it. Those kind of surprises can be nasty.:eek:

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
I can attest to that side hill surprises....bad stuff... :eek: Hey Dusty looking Great you do really good work and who cares how long as long as you are having fun doing it. Hey we got snow...well a few flakes but they didn't stick but it is cold your cab would be great with a heater right now. Hey cleaning up and clearing my North "4" and this little B6000 moved (pulled) a down tree with no sweat I was so proud had to go get the wife and show her was going to put it back and do it all over again but she got bored and went back into the warm house....Women no love for tractors....Well keep up the Great work and keep us updated, Jerry:)

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Jerry, I'm workin away. Still lots to do but its getting paint. A few pics. Roof is nasty I put gravel guard on it and it didn't like the orange going on top. I may have to strip it.My shop is a big time mess. Well better get back to it.:)

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Genuwine dusty-t cab lifter for a genuwine dusty-t cab:D . The center can slide to level the load. A bolt at each end holds it in place. The lifter is made of 2 1/2 x 4 I beam and 1/2 x 2 1/2 flat bar. 1/8 x 1 angle welded top and side to the flatbar. I drilled 3/8 hole in the angle so I could weld to the sides of the flat bar . To hold the chains I welded 1 1/2 angle with slots cut in it so you can adjust the chains to the bottom ends of the I beam. I don't think you would want to lift a ton with it but it will handle anything my tractor will lift.:)

Attachments

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Dusty I was wandering how your cab was coming alone? Glad to see more pictures looks good like your beam also. Are you going to lift the cab in your garage or another tractor? Post a picture when you get it on.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thank's handyman. The cab is done and I am just installing the windows which may take some time. I have to get my son to help me with the front and rear windows because they are glass. I tried it by myself and I don't have enough hands or strength. The rest of the windows are going to be lexan, so those are just going to be siliconed in and then a few keepers on bolts make sure they stay in. Most of the windows are built to take glass when I can afford it. And I will be putting the cab on in the lean to behind the shop it has rafters high enough and the shop doesn't. I will probably leave a pulley and rope up there and may even build a winch this winter.:D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I have sheetrock overhead in my garage but prior to hanging the sheetrock I put 2 extra 2x8 and welded a steel frame around the beem then welded a lifting lug underneath that gave me a6x8 lifting beam. The upstairs is floored and used for extra storage . Will be looking foward to more pictures. Good luck and be careful with the glass high dollar in tennessee.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Dusty congrads looks good and know you will really enjoy it in your neck of the woods when temp starts droping:).handyman