Exploded view fuel injector L245

1945Dave

Jun 6, 2019
Covington, Louisiana
Can anyone tell me where or even have an exploded view of the fuel injector for a Kubota L245dt? I have taken my three injectors apart and cleaned and now have a concern for the parts orientation for reassembly.

Below the spring is a top hat piece with a longer end that I was sure inserted into the spring.

Just a drawing or photo would help my frame of mind.

Need my email? Porterdavid98(at)yahoo(dot)com

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I think you are putting your engine at risk by messing with the injectors. It is not in the same league as cleaning a carburetor.

I have attached an exploded injector view from the WSM. The following paragraph is also from the WSM.

Dave

52. TESTING. A complete job of
testing and adjusting injector requires
use of special test equipment. Only
clean, approved testing oil should be used
in tester tank. Nozzle should be
tested for opening pressure, nozzle
leakage and spray pattern.
Before conducting test, operate tester
lever until fuel flows, then attach injector.
Close valve to tester gauge and pump
tester lever a few quick strokes to clear
air from tester and to be sure nozzle
valve is not stuck. Nozzle should open
with a buzzing sound and cut off quickly
at end of injection.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can anyone tell me where or even have an exploded view of the fuel injector for a Kubota L245dt? I have taken my three injectors apart and cleaned and now have a concern for the parts orientation for reassembly.

Below the spring is a top hat piece with a longer end that I was sure inserted into the spring.

Just a drawing or photo would help my frame of mind.

Need my email? Porterdavid98(AT)yahoo(dot)com
Did you mix parts up between injectors, tip from this one spring from that one and such?

If you did throw them together and send them or to a place like Oregon Fuel injection to be professionally rebuild, because they will never work right. ;)

1945Dave

Jun 6, 2019
Covington, Louisiana
Did you mix parts up between injectors, tip from this one spring from that one and such?
It was not my intention to disassemble the injectors. I took your advice to pull one injector at a time and connect to a injection line and observe the spay paternities towards a piece of cardboard.

Very pleased with the result on that first one. Trying to get the other two loose proved to be an issue. My thick wall socket wouldn***8217;t seat fully and wound up rounding the shoulder of that injector body. Still never got that one out. So yes I removed the upper assembly and cleaned and reassemble that one in place without testing the spray pattern. The third one I did remove intack but disassembled it to observe that top hat part which I sware is reversed to that diagram show above.

All parts are correctly linked to the original injector with a possible exception of the needle point injector nozzles. So that risk is 50 50. What do you suggest?

First a very big thank you for helping me answer my biggest fear, that the pump was the problem. Afraid had that been the case it would have been a death bell for this tractor. You gave me the confidence to disconnect the main injector lines from the pump. Cranked it over and observe the cute dancing fountains shooting fuel about 1 1/2***8221; high in firing order. As mentioned above I also bled one line connected that line to one injector and observed a beautiful atomized ball of fuel spray out about the size of my fist. This further convinced me the pump is doing its job.

So, at this point I am considering sending off the injectors or buying new replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I only recommend injectors from Kubota directly (they won't have yours), or Oregon Fuel Injection, I've gotten hundreds and never a bad one!

Avoid places like Ebay, Amazon, Grain farmer, Kumar bros... Yes they are cheaper, but you will risk a less than 50/50 chance of getting a good injector with the proper pop off pressure and pattern. ;)

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
1945Dave, you mention the failure of your injection pump would be the death of your tractor. Oregon Fuel Injection had a pump for my L305 in stock a couple of years ago. Cost $426 delivered to my door. It was brand spanking new. Kubota was a special order, which meant pre pay, and it was $1100.

I'd contact them for injectors. They have good prices, good service, good products.

poultryman174

Equipment
Kubota l245dt tractor
Apr 3, 2024
Pennsylvania
I have a kubota l245dt tractor that runs but has a blue black constant smoke and is lossing power even when you step on throttle

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
How can you get injector out with valve cover in the way do u have to take valve cover off to get injector out
On my similar vintage L185 I had to loosen the valve cover and move it over out of the way. But I just moved it, didn’t take it off really.

I recall buying a 6 point deep socket and a box end wrench while doing that job but don’t remember why I purchased the wrench.

There should be a copper sealing washer under each injector that needs to be replaced or annealed to become soft again if reused.

I also recall replacing my injector fuel lines (hard ones and rubber ones) just because they were not in good shape. Dealer could order them all.