BH Bucket cylinder pressure??

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Re: Bucket cylinder pressure??

Grab your service manual and read up on it. Hint: it has a safety valve built into the circuit to relieve pressure.

wddot

Jun 9, 2019
Lumberton NC

Thanks. I'm trying to check how much pressure I've got going to that particular cylinder which keeps bending

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada

Thanks. I'm trying to check how much pressure I've got going to that particular cylinder which keeps bending
Tell us the tractor the hoe is on as its hydraulic system will determine the max pressure.

Likely around 2,200 psi.

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I do not have a WSM for your specific model but I checked the system pressure of 10 L series tractors very similar to yours. All have 2,560 psi as the listed system pressure.

I found an owner's Manual for your specific model. It lists the system pressure as 17.7 mega pascales which converts to 2,567 psi.
https://www.manualslib.com/download/926371/Kubota-L3240.html

It is unusual for a cylinder to bend unless subjected to forces originating outside the cylinder such as a thumb or if it is not free to pivot at each end and thus bending forces are applied to it.

Could you post a couple of photos of the bucket area of your hoe

Dave

wddot

Jun 9, 2019
Lumberton NC
Thanks Dave this is the 3rd time in less than 20 minutes of operation. I had a 2in stop installed in the cylinder the last time I had it straightened but it didn't help. I'm trying to remove red tip bushes not oak trees. Very disappointed any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Look at my marked up photo. Why is the paint worn off in this area?

Buy a 0-3,000 psi hydraulic pressure gauge for about $30.

Remove the upper hose from the bucket cylinder and connect directly to the gauge. No Tee needed.

Engine at max rev's. Send pressure to gauge and read immediately then release pressure so your system is not continuing to discharge through relief valve.

Dave

Attachments

wddot

Jun 9, 2019
Lumberton NC
I sanded the paint off so I could read the numbers. I just checked the pressure thanks. It read between 2500 to 2575psi The relief valve is working so I'm thinking the Ram's diameter is just to small.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
In your other thread on this subject, someone mentioned this being a known problem with that backhoe, and recommended you do a search at TBN to find out the details.

Did you bother to take this advice?

If you do you may find out what you need to know.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
In your other thread on this subject, someone mentioned this being a known problem with that backhoe, and recommended you do a search at TBN to find out the details.

Did you bother to take this advice?

If you do you may find out what you need to know.
I looked on TBN and did not/could not find anything relevant.

If you are aware of a relevant thread please post a link.

Dave

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
The OEM replacement/upgrade is also much more expensive than most hydraulic shops. As I mentioned to the OP earlier, I had this issue on my BH and had custom made IH-CP rods made locally to replace the OEM CPO rods. Cost was 50% of OEM, and the result/solution was superior. The OP is flogging a dead horse.