B3200 cyl4 damage

ewrangler

Jun 5, 2019
Covington, LA
Hey Orange Beings!

I've owned a 2010 B3200HST and it has almost 1000hrs on it. For the last 100 hrs, I noticed increased tapping sounds coming from one of the cylinders, and assumed it was due for a valve clearance check/adjustment. I poured a few ounces of Lucas Injector cleaner into tank (5gallon fill-up).

Well, this past weekend, I was working it as normal, and all of a sudden BANG! and blue/white smoke and loud KNOCKing @ 2400rpm. I quickly throttled down to idle and black liquid was spewing out of exhaust pipe. I feared the worst.

I removed the injectors one at a time and 1,2,3 all torqued out evenly as expected. When I got to #4, it was only hand tight :mad:. I then removed the valve cover and inspected the lifters and rods, and all looked ok. I removed the glow plugs and again 1, 2, 3 were all similar removals, but #4 came out very easy, and worst was halve of the element, was missing, broken off in the cylinder :mad:.

I then removed the head, and inspected the damage to #4. The pressfit injection port was impacting the piston, which worked itself loose over time, when it was, it was driven up into the port at a right angle, with the piston surface heavily damaged.

I was able to hand crank the engine and all 4 seem to rotate smoothly and #4 cylinder walls seem undamaged. The only damage to the block is where the port was working itself loose...not sure if this can be rebuilt.

I was able to locate another v1505D locally, and will swap the engine out and try to repair this one in time. The questions I have relate to the compatibility of the two v1505D's.

The original is marked:
Make: V1505-ET19
Family: 9kBXL01.5BCD
.... 2010 B3200 with HSD drive

Donor is marked:
Make: V1505-EU33
Family: 3kBXL01.5BCD
...came out of a 2006 B3030 with manual transmission

The hydraulic pump (located just under the fuel cut solenoid) is not on the donor 2006. Can I take take the 2010 pump and install it into the 2006 block's port just under the solenoid?

Thank y'all!

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Someone will be along shortly with an answer to your question. Meanwhile, I would like to ask, Have you ever used ether or other starting fluid to start the broken engine?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well yikes that block is trashed, no rebuilding that!

You never heard anything radical?

My WAG... the glow plug probably broke and got wedged perfectly to mess it up.

Yes the other motor you noted should bolt right in. ;)

ewrangler

Jun 5, 2019
Covington, LA
Two main differences I see so far:

-----Oil pan------------
2010 is in shape of a horseshoe viewed from front as the FWD propeller shaft rides in the horseshoe recess.

2006 has a rectangular (flat when viewed from bottom) pan

So I'm not sure if the 2006 will Clear the shaft. If not I hope I can swap the 2010 pan to the 2006.:confused:?

-----Hydraulic pump------------
2010 has the unit mounted right below the Fuel Cut solenoid, driven from the crank gear or some other gear??? Maybe Govenor? I cannot locate a good diagram in the WSM for the 2010.

2006 has a plug in block under the FCsolenoid, and when I try to find a WSM diagram of where the pump is mounted on the B3030. Regardless of this, Does the 2006 engine have the right gear case components to drive the 2010 hydro pump?

If I could get help solving these two hurdles, I will be forever grateful!!!!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well yikes that block is trashed, no rebuilding that!

You never heard anything radical?

My WAG... the glow plug probably broke and got wedged perfectly to mess it up.

Yes the other motor you noted should bolt right in. ;)
Boat anchor?:eek:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Two main differences I see so far:

-----Oil pan------------
2010 is in shape of a horseshoe viewed from front as the FWD propeller shaft rides in the horseshoe recess.

2006 has a rectangular (flat when viewed from bottom) pan

So I'm not sure if the 2006 will Clear the shaft. If not I hope I can swap the 2010 pan to the 2006.:confused:?

-----Hydraulic pump------------
2010 has the unit mounted right below the Fuel Cut solenoid, driven from the crank gear or some other gear??? Maybe Govenor? I cannot locate a good diagram in the WSM for the 2010.

2006 has a plug in block under the FCsolenoid, and when I try to find a WSM diagram of where the pump is mounted on the B3030. Regardless of this, Does the 2006 engine have the right gear case components to drive the 2010 hydro pump?

If I could get help solving these two hurdles, I will be forever grateful!!!!

They are the same engine... all the parts are the same.

If the pump bolt on spot is blocked off, then the motor was not used on a B3030, as that tractor has the same pump as the B3200.
It was most likely use in another use like a mower, and if that's the case you will probably need to install a pilot bushing into the crank.
Taking the block off plate off is the only thing you'll need to do to make the B3200 pump fit, as they have the same fuel cam, and that is what drives the pump.

Yes the B3030 oil pan and pickup tube are shallower and smaller so just swap your B3200 pan and pickup tube (new O-ring) onto it.
You also need to swap the dipstick and tube too.

Last edited:

ewrangler

Jun 5, 2019
Covington, LA
Thanks Wolfe Man!!!!

That helps a lot!

I tried to hoist off the motor today, but with the FEL hardware and backhoe BH76 dug into ground (can't remove) the hardware plates are making it very difficult to remove engine from bell housing. I have 1" do go, but grey engine mounting plates won't let be linearly remove spline :confused:

-EW

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfe Man!!!!

That helps a lot!

I tried to hoist off the motor today, but with the FEL hardware and backhoe BH76 dug into ground (can't remove) the hardware plates are making it very difficult to remove engine from bell housing. I have 1" do go, but grey engine mounting plates won't let be linearly remove spline :confused:

-EW
Yea sooooo much easier to remove an engine with all of that off before ya start. ;)

ewrangler

Jun 5, 2019
Covington, LA
Made some progress on the swap. The 2010 flywheel was significantly larger and needed to be swapped to allow clutch mounting. More evidence the 2006 motor was either a gen set or zero-turn. Also the Fan was much larger on the 2006, so I had to use the 2010 smaller fan so it will fit back into the rad shroud.

I'm close to hooking up wiring and one hurdle is the alternator 2006 is the beefed up Denso version with Large Hot (Red) wire and then a separate 2 wire connector. The 2010 just had the dynamo, with 2 wires. I'd rather the 2006 Alt, as I need to run work lights. Not sure where to splice in the 2 wires.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Can you read and post the Denso part number of the one that you want to use? Then maybe can figure out wiring.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
If you use the alternator, you will need the wiring harness from Kubota. I believe.

The dealer replaced the dynamo on my 2012 B3200 with the alternator, when I bought it.
They had to take the dash apart to add the new wiring harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I'm not finding a B3200 wiring diagram. Maybe dave_eng can find one if he reads this.

The Denso you showed is about a 40 amp. The 2-pin Tee connector has an IG for Ignition, and an L for charging Lamp. L does not have to be hooked up.

The big wire should go to the battery through a slow blow fuse, 40A. At 40A, the wire size could be a #8 stranded, automotive insulation.

I'm assuming that the old dynamo went to a regulator. The new Denso has a built-in regulator. We do have to give the Denso field current through the IG terminal, 10A fuse, #14 stranded, from the switched 12V terminal on the key switch.

Sorry that's as specific as I can get now without a wiring diagram of your machine.