Mx5100 clutch adjustment ?

tater pop

Jan 13, 2014
Maud texas usa
My mx5100 has a wet clutch,I think .I have used it quite a lot cleaning up a bunch of old fence row and around a old growed up barn the clutch seems to be working OK but the free travel is a little long again I say I think. When I start letting up on the clutch it starts to move at about 1/2 a peddle. How do I adjust the clutch or do I need to adjust it at all? How much free travel should I have?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If your MX is a hydraulic shuttle you have a wet clutch (pack) if it's a mechanical shuttle, you don't (dry clutch). Both my M's are hydraulic shuttle and I've never touched the pedal adjustment in 12 years+ of farming.

I very rarely use the clutch pedal except when starting from a stop or changing main gears. The shuttle lever is about all I ever use and in my case it's all hydraulic actuation via a proportioning valve. Same applies to my clutch pedal. the 'linkage; is all hydraulic, no mechanical. That is the main reason I purchased both with hydraulic shuttles, nothing to wear prematurely. What I do entails directional changes and lots of stop and start cycles. I'd eat up a clutch in no time because my start stop cycles involve round baling and I'm holding the baler at rated pto rpm whether I'm moving or not.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My mx5100 has a wet clutch,I think .I have used it quite a lot cleaning up a bunch of old fence row and around a old growed up barn the clutch seems to be working OK but the free travel is a little long again I say I think. When I start letting up on the clutch it starts to move at about 1/2 a peddle. How do I adjust the clutch or do I need to adjust it at all? How much free travel should I have?
Negative, you have a dry disk clutch.

Get the WSM, if you don't have it already, for the proper clutch adjustment procedure.

You can get it here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1233781/Kubota-Mx5100.html