B7100 headlight switch

BrianD

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Jan 26, 2019
BURLINGTON
I am trying to fix my B7100 it was missing the headlight switch when I bought it. I found a used switch but it does not have any wires on it nor screws to fasten wire to. Does anyone have a picture of the back side of the switch that I can see.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
The picture of the B6100 shows the wires soldered to the back of the switch. If your used switch was cut out at the solder balls, then it is going to take new solder to add new wires. Or, the switch would have to be taken apart to add posts to the inner connections for new wire.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My B7100 had soldered wires as shown in the 1st pic.

BrianD

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Jan 26, 2019
BURLINGTON
Thank you all the info and pictures were very helpful. I should be able to make the switch work now that I know where the wires are suppose to be..;)

JRHill

Equipment
Orange: B7100 Std and Woodmizer; Green/yellow JD Buck, Gator and 410j.
Apr 26, 2016
Wahkiacus, Washington
Just ordered this switch. Gotta love Messicks. New PN is 55311-41121 for $26.81 and it appears to have spade connectors instead of the solder spots. WooHoo!

But the UPS/handling, dang, $23. I didn't even flinch for more than 5 minutes long.... TG its still available. A lot goes on in this switch so if its screwed up all kinds on problems can be on the plate.

oologahan

Equipment
B7100
Dec 26, 2022
Oklahoma
I looked at my parts manual it shows two switches, the hazard switch and the light switch. According to the manual the hazard switch is part number 55311-41120 and the light switch is part number 66621-55190, the light switch is listed as approx. 86.00 and Messicks and the hazard switch lists for 27.61. I need the light switch as well, but I don't know if this switch is an interrupter switch or an on/off switch.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I looked at my parts manual it shows two switches, the hazard switch and the light switch. According to the manual the hazard switch is part number 55311-41120 and the light switch is part number 66621-55190, the light switch is listed as approx. 86.00 and Messicks and the hazard switch lists for 27.61. I need the light switch as well, but I don't know if this switch is an interrupter switch or an on/off switch.
Sorry but I do not understand what an interrupter switch is:
from Google: An interrupter in electrical engineering is a device used to interrupt the flow of a steady direct current for the purpose of converting a steady current into a changing one.

Does your dynamo have two or three output wires.

Some early B's used an AC signal from the dynamo to power the headlights. This tractor's headlight switch and wiring was different.
Tell us what transmission you have.
Dave

JRHill

Equipment
Orange: B7100 Std and Woodmizer; Green/yellow JD Buck, Gator and 410j.
Apr 26, 2016
Wahkiacus, Washington
I'm having trouble with your sentence. But both are on/off switches. The hazard has a separate 'blinker' which is held in place by one of the bolts for the voltage regulator on the back side of its mounting plate. All of this is a PITB to get to so just plan to remove the fuel tank and battery. That way you can also easily replace any wiring and connectors which I did have to do. I also had to replace a bunch of other wires and rebuild various harnesses.

BTW, my blinker was shot so a bought and adjustable one on Amazon because I had replaced the tail lights with generic units with dual filament bulbs so there is a tail and hazard on both sides. The adjustable blinker allowed for the different wattage: