M9000 fuel system help.

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
This is going to be long and I have omitted some basic steps to try and keep it short as possible.

Helping a friend with his M9000. The issue started as an intermittent starting issue. He started by replacing the switch thinking that might be the issue and he changed the fuel filters at the same time. The tractor hasn’t started since.

I helped him bleed the fuel system today. We tried all the normal bleeding that I usually do when I change filters but we’re unable to get it to crank. We then loosened the connection where the fuel line connect to the injector pump while pressuring the fuel tank. We let it run until there were no more air bubbles seen. We also tried cranking the tractor while the fuel tank was pressurized.

After several attempts the tractor still would not even attempt to crank. Next we loosened the injector lines and attempted to crank to tractor. We have no fuel coming from the injector lines while cranking the tractor.

I’m guessing the issue is the injector pump. I’m looking for any tips or tricks that we might try before he has someone pull the injector pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is going to be long and I have omitted some basic steps to try and keep it short as possible.

Helping a friend with his M9000. The issue started as an intermittent starting issue. He started by replacing the switch thinking that might be the issue and he changed the fuel filters at the same time. The tractor hasn’t started since.

I helped him bleed the fuel system today. We tried all the normal bleeding that I usually do when I change filters but we’re unable to get it to crank. We then loosened the connection where the fuel line connect to the injector pump while pressuring the fuel tank. We let it run until there were no more air bubbles seen. We also tried cranking the tractor while the fuel tank was pressurized.

After several attempts the tractor still would not even attempt to crank. Next we loosened the injector lines and attempted to crank to tractor. We have no fuel coming from the injector lines while cranking the tractor.

I’m guessing the issue is the injector pump. I’m looking for any tips or tricks that we might try before he has someone pull the injector pump.

First and foremost your using the wrong verbiage, cranking is the motor spinning, not firing or running is what your dealing with.

Have you confirmed that the fuel solenoid (stop Solenoid) is working properly?

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
There is a "side plate" just below the inj. pump.. remove it & that will expose the control rack..
The control rack needs to move freely back & forth..
IF IT DOESNT, the inj. pump is usually the culprit..
Removal is easy.. Theres is a "cut-out" in the engine block that the PIN on the control rack HAS TO align with, inorder for the pump to be removed from the engine.
Its just 4 bolts & a few lines & its out. about a 30 min.-1hr job..

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
First and foremost your using the wrong verbiage, cranking is the motor spinning, not firing or running is what your dealing with.

Have you confirmed that the fuel solenoid (stop Solenoid) is working properly?

Sorry about verbiage.

The fuel solenoid is “clunking” and and feels like something is moving in there. I didn’t know what it was looking for once I got it off.

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
There is a "side plate" just below the inj. pump.. remove it & that will expose the control rack..
The control rack needs to move freely back & forth..
IF IT DOESNT, the inj. pump is usually the culprit..
Removal is easy.. Theres is a "cut-out" in the engine block that the PIN on the control rack HAS TO align with, inorder for the pump to be removed from the engine.
Its just 4 bolts & a few lines & its out. about a 30 min.-1hr job..

So the controls rack moves freely at all times regardless of the timing position??