Fish Lifes B6100 Restoration

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
MAJOR part in your favor is that the little Kubota top speed is maybe 10-12 mph where these old busses, even though the engine was screaming, were running 55-60 mph with low or NO oil in those reduction boxes. Saw a lot of carnage. Oh well...Job Security.
As said before, you are doing a very nice refurbish on that tractor. it is the kind of refurb that you go through everything, make sure it is all in good order, rebuild as necessary, re-paint and then USE IT. I am currently refurbishing my 1967 Triumph 200cc Tiger Cub motorcycle. Doing what you are doing job wise, repaint, rebuild the engine, powder coating the frame and doing some non stock modifications to make it more reliable. As long as you saw OIL leaking on the driveway, you knew it still has oil in it!
That looks like fun. My wifes parents have a old Honda scooter that you pedal. I told them if they ever want to sell it I will buy it or hopefully a looooong time from now leave to me.

Last edited:

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Did you look at the casting to see if it might have a through port to the bottom? Is the pin bored in the center to allow the grease to move down? If you don't find any, I'd just use some good High pressure Moly black grease and pack it up good. You will be all worn out and old before it fails! :D I'm 66 yrs old and my motorcycling years are numbered.

Attachments

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
Did you look at the casting to see if it might have a through port to the bottom? Is the pin bored in the center to allow the grease to move down? If you don't find any, I'd just use some good High pressure Moly black grease and pack it up good. You will be all worn out and old before it fails! :D I'm 66 yrs old and my motorcycling years are numbered.
The bottom pin does a spiral groove for lubricants to get in around the pin. I just dont see how grease would get into the groove and work its way down. That area is sealed with oil seals from the differential and the reduction gear box. So only grease goes in there I assume.

Attachments

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

Attachments

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
I think the hardest part of this project has been scraping 40 year old gaskets. I tried a couple different products. I ran out of that permatex foaming stuff which worked ok but have to wait forever for it to soak in. Tonight I found a can of Goof Off in the cabinet and thought I would give it a try. So far this is working the best along with having a therapist on speaker phone.

Attachments

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
I have found that most of my gaskets have peeled right off. The only exception was the bell housing but I just dropped that off to be acid dipped and powder coated. Also the media blaster has taking care of any remaining residue on the smaller parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
After taking the front axle apart I found that the axel shafts had wear and corrosion at the seal mating surface causing them to leak. Easy repair but time consuming. After taking some measurements and cleaning the surface I tig welded a bead around the shaft to fill the wear and corrosion. After letting it cool competely I then put the shaft in that lathe and turned down the weld to and polish to final dimension.

Attachments

Last edited:

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
Going to tackle my wiring now. I was going to just replace the whole harness but it really is not needed. The main problem is the plastic plug is brittle and cracking. If I can find just the plastic plug I can pull the pins from the old one and push them into a new one. Anyone know if just the plastic part is available?

Attachments

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
bmotorsports.com
easternbeaver.com
corsa-technic.com

Yes, the plastic shell is available. Check the above vendors and look for a visual match.

Really nice work that you're doing, thanks for sharing it.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
bmotorsports.com
easternbeaver.com
corsa-technic.com

Yes, the plastic shell is available. Check the above vendors and look for a visual match.

Really nice work that you're doing, thanks for sharing it.
I looked back at some of my old post and saw you gave me that info. I forgot about it. Thanks for the kind reply. Getting close to wrapping it up, I hope.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
I looked through the sources mentioned and didnt find a plug that matched. I spent some time looking on the web and came across a company called Aoton in China that has a plug that looks to be identical. I sent an email to them the other night and have not heard back. There has to be some place in the states that has this plug.

Attachments

Last edited:

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Did you try Allied electronics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talenel

Equipment
B2601HST
Dec 10, 2018
Staples, MN
How many pins in the plug being used?

I'd just get a servo plug set with enough pins and screw connectors and do it that way.