steering wheel free play

modeladay

Equipment
Sold B7100 and purchased a B2150 with FEL
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
Can someone tell where the steering wheel free play adjusting screw is on the b2150? the crappy service manual I down load has pictures you can hardly see. I just can't figure out where this adjustment screw is...THANKS!

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Steering gearbox right side should be a slotted screw with a jamb nut! You can adjust some the of slop with adjusting the depth that the sector meshes with the ball nut.

It doesn't show it on the parts breakdown either but they show a nut and two gaskets for a powersteering unit!:confused: and the sector gear shows the slot the head of the screw drops into.

Pat

Last edited:

modeladay

Equipment
Sold B7100 and purchased a B2150 with FEL
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
Thanks Pat. found the adjustment screw, but I need to remove the instrument housing to get to it:mad: The crappie service manual say to remove it but not a clue as to how to do that. I need a service manual for dummies:eek:

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
On a worm and sector type steering box the sector adjustment screw is at the opposite end of the pitman arm (that's the one that goes to the steering linkage). You should have the steering box centered when you turn the screw in and what your doing is pushing the sector shaft further into the worm gear which in turn removes the excess play, don't make it too tight just screw it it until it's snug then back it out about a 1/4 turn then tighten up the jam nut. Hope this helps.