Help on older tractor

David Badgett

Equipment
L245dt
Jun 17, 2019
Rapid River Mi
I have traded for l245dt with 3 attachments.Tractor would not start found clutch switch bad got tractor running. A few other minor pieces change oil and filters. So I am in on this deal so far for just a trade off on older trailer that was just used for storage. So I found FEL used off I believe B21 loader number TL421 with undercarriage frame that has hook up for a Back hoe. So that’s the story. Now questions I have. If I do end up using the undercarriage that came with loader can the 3 point attachments work on the carriage with back hoe hook up?Can you maybe install a quick hitch. Question 2 should I just concentrate on mounting loader by making my own mounting braces.I do have fab shop including plasma table and welders to make up supports. Then the three point hitch would not change.Question 3 can I run loader off the tractor hydraulics or do I need seperate pump driven off shaft on front of motor. I am new to the orange and seems like so much info out there but just can’t find the answers. Thanks for suggestions or maybe some else has followed this same road.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're probably going to find it a real chore to get a b21 subframe to adapt up to an L245, but if you do then the subframe should not interfere with the three point operation, it usually sits back behind it. ;)

Pop over to Kubotabooks.com and download the WSM (AKA service manual).

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're probably going to find it a real chore to get a b21 subframe to adapt up to an L245, but if you do then the subframe should not interfere with the three point operation, it usually sits back behind it. ;)

Pop over to Kubotabooks.com and download the WSM (AKA service manual).

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
There's a big gap in years and styles etc between the L245DT and the B21 so you will need to be handy to make that loader work. I can send you pics of the subframe for the FEL on my L245DT for ideas - PM me with your email address. My FEL runs off the tractor pump and is slow - the capacity is limited. I'd suggest a second pump running off of the spline at front of the engine, and using the tractor fluid reservoir.