Whole Goods

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
I went to my dealer today to replace the front wheels on my B2710.

First stop was the sales guy; I asked him about getting whole goods pricing on these...he said "no, just go to the parts desk".

I told him I've heard the Sales department can get better pricing. He said "nope, parts is over there".

Did I ask the wrong question?

Can anyone price check R4 front wheel assemblies for my tractor? Kubota P/N 32721-50500.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You must have a crappy dealer. I order stuff via whole goods all the time. In fact they ask me if I have a preference (which relates to delivery time). In fact, just ordered new left and right tie rod ends last week, no hurry, old ones need replaced but are useable.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You must have a crappy dealer. I order stuff via whole goods all the time. In fact they ask me if I have a preference (which relates to delivery time). In fact, just ordered new left and right tie rod ends last week, no hurry, old ones need replaced but are useable.
That's not a "whole goods" order, that a "stock" order, dealer gets a stock order once a month I do believe.
Getting a stock order is cheaper because your not paying special handling and freight. ;)

A "whole goods" order is a Assembly part, like a BH, remote valves, some tire and wheel packages and many others, but not individual parts normally.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I went to my dealer today to replace the front wheels on my B2710.

First stop was the sales guy; I asked him about getting whole goods pricing on these...he said "no, just go to the parts desk".

I told him I've heard the Sales department can get better pricing. He said "nope, parts is over there".

Did I ask the wrong question?

Can anyone price check R4 front wheel assemblies for my tractor? Kubota P/N 32721-50500.
Your salesman doesn't want to be bothered, probably because he will not make any money on the sale.

The last time I checked, wheel/tire packages could only be ordered through whole goods.

SDT