Greasing BX2200 RC60B-22BX Mower Deck

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi,

Ten or more years ago over at TBN there were some posts about an issue with some of these mower decks coming from the factory under greased, and therefore failures resulting from lack of grease in the spindles.

Right or wrong, I came to believe proper greasing involved putting in as much grease as necessary until grease came out of the hole on the cover between the blade and the spindle end. And then to put ten pumps of grease in each spindle every ten hours or so of operation.

My mower has continued to operate perfectly. I have no issues. About a thousand hours or more on it.

Got curious today and checked the manual for the mower. It shows the grease points but doesn’t say anything about frequency or amount of grease to use.

So I am wondering if what I have been doing is correct, or if I blew the seals out of the lower bearing.

I am not going to change what I have been doing, but do wonder what the recommended procedure actually is...

Anyone know? Is it somewhere in the manual and did I miss it? Wouldn’t be the first time....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The upper and lower bearing have no inner seal so the grease will get in the bearing... Keep greasing, grease is cheap.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Hi,

Ten or more years ago over at TBN there were some posts about an issue with some of these mower decks coming from the factory under greased, and therefore failures resulting from lack of grease in the spindles.

Right or wrong, I came to believe proper greasing involved putting in as much grease as necessary until grease came out of the hole on the cover between the blade and the spindle end. And then to put ten pumps of grease in each spindle every ten hours or so of operation.

My mower has continued to operate perfectly. I have no issues. About a thousand hours or more on it.

Got curious today and checked the manual for the mower. It shows the grease points but doesn’t say anything about frequency or amount of grease to use.

So I am wondering if what I have been doing is correct, or if I blew the seals out of the lower bearing.

I am not going to change what I have been doing, but do wonder what the recommended procedure actually is...

Anyone know? Is it somewhere in the manual and did I miss it? Wouldn’t be the first time....
The lower seal is accually made to allow grease and pressure out while keeping debris and water out.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I'm looking in the mower deck manual and it says "Grease the following parts every 50 hours": A: universal joint, B. Gauge Wheels (front, rear), C. Three Spindle Cases, D. Belt Tension Pivot and Tension Pulley

Edit: this might be an older manual, but the decks look the same.