low power

SMY

Jun 12, 2019
Weaverville, NC
I have a Kubota L3240 HST about 8 years old with 900 hours. I was mowing grass with no problem. Turned the machine off for half hour. When I came back and started it up the tractor had very little power. Barley took off when giving it gas. When I throttled up it seemed to have loads of power and took off fine, but throttling down it has no power. The hydraulics on the mowing deck and bucket all work fine. Never had this problem before and can't figure it out. Thought maybe a button had been pressed accidentally on a selector, but all seems good there. This has me stumped.

SMY

Jun 12, 2019
Weaverville, NC
I am an admitted bonehead. Somehow, I don't know how I accidently turned off the throttle advance lever. I should have known by the way it was acting that that would be the case, but how the heck do you move that lever up without knowing it? Anyway, I am hanging my head in shame

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
You just made a few of us feel better about ourselves. I once sent a skidsteer loader to the dealer because the bucket wouldn't raise or lower right. They flipped a switch on the joystick and sent it back to me. I won't get into the bill they sent.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
You just made a few of us feel better about ourselves. I once sent a skidsteer loader to the dealer because the bucket wouldn't raise or lower right. They flipped a switch on the joystick and sent it back to me. I won't get into the bill they sent.
Sometimes the dealer just needs to do something because it's the right thing to do. Flip the switch, tell the customer to have a nice day and move on. It's just not in them to do that.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a Kubota L3240 HST about 8 years old with 900 hours. I was mowing grass with no problem. Turned the machine off for half hour. When I came back and started it up the tractor had very little power. Barley took off when giving it gas. When I throttled up it seemed to have loads of power and took off fine, but throttling down it has no power. The hydraulics on the mowing deck and bucket all work fine. Never had this problem before and can't figure it out. Thought maybe a button had been pressed accidentally on a selector, but all seems good there. This has me stumped.
Auto Throttle Advance?

Did you inadvertently turn it off?

Remember, the hydro pedal is a speed pedal, not a power pedal.

SDT