L245DT Starting and running

Lenny

Oct 11, 2015
Newton,NC,US
I would like to thank everyone for all of there help. After cleaning and bleeding the fuel system three times the old girl is up and running. Don't have a clue as to what the problem was so I will cough if up to chance . Persistence is apparently the answer.

1945Dave

Jun 6, 2019
Covington, Louisiana
Did you ultimately take out and clean the injectors?

That’s where I am now. One came out fairly easily. One acts like its welding. The third I unscrewed the top without the bottom coming at the same time. Hope I can get the parts clean and reassembled today.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Now just never run her dry and you are good to go until the next filter change!

Lenny

Oct 11, 2015
Newton,NC,US
I pulled and disassembled all the injectors. Cleaned them so they looked like new.
Than One at a time I fasted each injector to the injector pump and turned the engine over holding a piece of cardboard below the outlet so that I could see the spray pattern when the injector pulsed. When I did this I also used each of the fuel line connections on the pump. All the injectors had a similar pattern on the cardboard. Reassembled and took my time making certain that I bled the fuel system of all the air and the old girl fired up and is running well again. Take your time cleaning each piece in the injectors and make certain that you apply a light coat of clean fuel to the pieces when you reassemble them. I also found that to remove the injectors the valve cover had to be loosened so that the socket would fit over the base of the injector. While I had them out I performed a compression test on each cylinder for my piece of mind. 325 to 450 according to the manual. Good luck