Steering Wheel Center is Off Center

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The steering wheel orientation will change even while travelling straight over time. Choose option 3...or do as I did..... when my emblem fell off... I left it off. ;)

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Since the steering is hydraulic, not direct linkage, there is no correct steering wheel orientation. It's a circle and it will change orientation as you use it, but will always be a circle. If the name plate not being right side up all the time bothers you, cover it with something circular with no orientation markings. Think of it like your tires. When you park it, the markings on the tires aren't oriented that same every time.
Freeheeler, I'm thinking can someone be so concerned about such things? The person who has to check their valve stems location immediately after the vehicle stops rolling will spend a lot of his life getting that one right!:D

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I'll agree with the others. I had the same concern not a few weeks ago, brought it to the dealer to check the toe in and steering column. He said the steering wheel placement changes. It's perfectly normal because its hydraulic.