M9540 Shuttle Clutch Pack

seineil56k

Equipment
m9540, m8540, mx5100
Nov 24, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hi, Oahu
Thank you so much Wolfman! that gives me confidence to put this thing back together.
Finally got the chance to reassemble, unfortunately still no forward or reverse. PTO function works, power steering doesn't seem to have any problems, so my plan next task would be pressure testing hydraulic system Forward, reverse and neutral. Anyone have any other suggestions as to what we could possibly check?

seineil56k

Equipment
m9540, m8540, mx5100
Nov 24, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hi, Oahu
Finally got the chance to reassemble, unfortunately still no forward or reverse. PTO function works, power steering doesn't seem to have any problems, so my plan next task would be pressure testing hydraulic system Forward, reverse and neutral. Anyone have any other suggestions as to what we could possibly check?
Bumping for suggestions

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Reading with interest in as much as both mine are hydraulic shuttle. I think if I had an issue, it would be at the dealer's.

seineil56k

Equipment
m9540, m8540, mx5100
Nov 24, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hi, Oahu
Here is an update for everyone, I receive my hydraulic pressure tester and we have isolated the problem to the shuttle valve possible. We test the neutral port on neutral with an acceptable pressure of 50 psi. So the problem comes when we shift to forward and reverse we get a reading of 0 psi. so at this point not sure if I have blockage inside the shuttle valve. based on the workshop manual it shows me the flow of fluid inside the shuttle valve. I want to actually open up the shuttle valve and disassemble it but can't find any form of breakdown of parts.

Attachments

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If you have zero psi in F and R, you have either a shuttle valve that is not shuttling, OR, an internal leak present somewhere.

Just did one of these.

The shuttle clutch isn't fun. They usually get damaged when something goes haywire. There is a new, updated part number for the shuttle clutch-and it is improved. It is expensive but the new ones are less likely to fail unless the wrong fluid is used (too "thick") or something odd like that happens. Rarely, in other words-I am not sure I've even heard of the newer style shuttle clutch failing. A few of the older style ones, though.