B2650 60 inch MMM Help, Please!

jwh9893

Jul 19, 2019
Milton, FL
Hello all, long time watcher first time poster. I took delivery of a B2650 a few weeks ago and unfortunate the 60 inch mid mount mower gave my dealer a fit. On delivery the tractor seemed fine, after trying to use it however I noticed the mower not lifting correctly. There were a few other problems (lose bolts mainly) with the build of the tractor I didn't notice on delivery but I was willing to overlook them until I found what they had done. Someone took a side grinder to the brake linkage and ground off part of it trying to get the mower deck to lift properly. Once I found this I called the dealer and let him know what I had found. The salesman came back and assured me they would fix it correctly this time and was very apologetic. They had the tractor for about a week and returned it to me and said they figured it all out. Well today I try to use it and boom...same issue as before. Hitting the brake linkage and mower deck won't lift back up. Could someone that has a B2650 with a mower that actually works post a pick corresponding to my attached picture so I can see your setup? I don't have any confidence in my dealer now unfortunately. Any one have any ideas? Thanks again. I hate that my first post on the forum is a "negative" one. Seems to be a lot of great folks on here and glad to be here with my own tractor now. On a side note I did a lot of research before buying this tractor and thought I had made a good choice going with kubota and the B2650, unfortunately at this point I feel my dealer has let me down. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Not sure where that picture is from offhand, but I'll look tomorrow. In the meantime you'll learn a lot about your mower if you take your owner's manual and go through the installation directions one step at a time. You might be able to figure out where they screwed up.

Last edited:

jwh9893

Jul 19, 2019
Milton, FL
The picture was taken lying under the tractor on the left side with the mower deck removed. I am probably using the wrong terminology, forgive me. The linkage that is being hit is the linkage going to the brake. The pin hitting it is from the lift arm that picks up the mower deck. Hope this makes sense. I can try to take more pictures tomorrow.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You're close, they are Belgian Sheepdogs, two tervs and the black is a Groenendale. The Malinois is the short coated variant of the Belgians. :)

jwh9893

Jul 19, 2019
Milton, FL
Awesome, almost asked about tervs but most people around here have never heard of them. My parents bought me my first Belgian Malinois when I was a junior in highschool, I've been hooked ever since. Great breeds. Only have one currently (3 year old female) but she owns our hearts.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You have to move the brake linkage. Take the pin out, move the "U" side of the brake linkage to the outside of the tab its attached to and reinsert the pin.

I know it seems wanky.... but it does work.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
You have to move the brake linkage. Take the pin out, move the "U" side of the brake linkage to the outside of the tab its attached to and reinsert the pin.

I know it seems wanky.... but it does work.
Yes what eipo said. We have both done it and they work fine now.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I also took mine to the dealer to figure it out. They also had no idea what the solution was. rkidd is the one that showed me how to fix the issue.

I installed the deck on my 2650, however.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I also took mine to the dealer to figure it out. They also had no idea what the solution was. rkidd is the one that showed me how to fix the issue.

I installed the deck on my 2650, however.

Thats how we first met. Wow, been along time ago now!

jwh9893

Jul 19, 2019
Milton, FL
eipo & rkidd, thank you so much. Worked like a charm. After moving the linkage outside the tab I thought "now why didn't I think of that". Thanks again!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Good deal. Glad it worked out for you.