It's a good thing stupid doesn't hurt.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That is one great generator, just make sure to turn the fuel off after use and the pull cords have a tendency to wear from rubbing on the case, usually just the first 3 inches or so. I found that if you can put some heat shrink over the cord it will help with the wear. One more thing, if it's been sitting for a while and it doesn't start within the first couple pulls just let it sit for a minute or 2 then try it again, it should start right up. While your waiting check the oil and make sure it's topped off and that it doesn't smell like gas.

Bought a Honda EU2000 inverter generator because I wanted something that would start when I needed it so paid the premium. Start it every few months or find something to use it on to make sure it is ready to go in case of emergencies. One time I had a heck of a time starting it, not normal for Honda right? Pulled the plug, cleaned the air filter, squirted in some starter fluid, added some Seafoam in a progression of trying to get it to run normally. Got it started a few times but it choked and sputtered. Then I noticed that the ECO switch was on, turned it to Normal and it ran like a Honda should, lol.

Had an MGB when I was a kid. Developed a leak in my radiator. Looking at it with some friends and I saw where it was leaking, stuck my hand down there to show my friends and discovered the fan blades turning so fast I did not see them. Luckily did not lose any digits, just a lot of blood from sliced finger tips. A lesson for youth, just because you can't see it does not mean that it won't hurt you.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
stuck my hand down there to show my friends and discovered the fan blades turning so fast I did not see them..
Stupid can hurt. Back in the 70's, a pastime of a friend and mine was to drive around right after or during a snowfall. We would stop and pull people out of ditches, push them if they were stuck. Something to do driving around with a pint in our Podunk town. On one of those excursions, an older fellow spun around and put the rear end of his car in the ditch so we were going to hook up a tow strap and pull it out. I reached under the bumper and put 4 fingers into the fan blade. The noise scared the s*** out of me but I didn't lose any fingers. Just 4 slices close to the bone. A stop at the local filing station bathroom, 4 band-aids and we were back on the road with our pint and tow strap. Ahhh....those were the good ole' days.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
When my big brother did small stupid things, I would tell him "do you need adult supervision again" ?? Then he would try to wrestle, pound me on the arm
and crap like that..

When things really got bad he would say things the equivalent of "hold my beer" And like a fool, I always did....

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Yep it is a good little generator. I have found that if you pull the cord slowly a few times, not try to start it, then do a regular pull it will usually start right up. I think pulling it slowly a few times primes it, but that is just a theory on my part.
Seems I am not the only one with altered finger prints.