CountyLine 5' Tiller from TSC

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Has anyone used a CountyLine tiller from TSC? I'm wondering if the 5 footer will work on my 2650. I believe Tarter makes these now. King Kutter quit making these in 2012 they told me. Also, if you do use one, are they quick hitch compatible?

Thanks

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I have not used the tiller but I bought a County Line 5-foot brush hog this spring. It is made by Tarter. The housing is made in the USA, the gearbox, driveshaft, and likely the blades are made in China. It is what I would call an economy brush hog but it works well nonetheless.

Generally speaking, a 5-foot tiller is probably going to challenge a B2650 in tough soil like clay. But it would likely work if you went slow in the hard areas.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Has anyone used a CountyLine tiller from TSC? I'm wondering if the 5 footer will work on my 2650. I believe Tarter makes these now. King Kutter quit making these in 2012 they told me. Also, if you do use one, are they quick hitch compatible?

Thanks

I have a CountyLine 5’ (Tarter) tiller that works very well with my L3301 utilizing a Harbor Freight quick hitch.
I also have a CountyLine 5’ (Tarter) box blade that I will have to make mods to so it will fit my quick hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
The B2650 should be able to run a 5ft. tiller without a problem from what Ive seen. 60" is likely the maximum recommended however. For my 2501 the maximum rotary tiller size is 60", and the 2501 and 2650 have nearly identical PTO HP ratings of around 19 HP. I definitely wouldn't go over 5ft. Regarding Quick Hitch compatability, I wasnt able to tell on the tiller but most of the county line 3 point equipment currently sold at TSC is marketed as "quick hitch compatible" I know the 5' county line box blade, and the 3 point round bale hay spear that I own both work with my QH15 Land Pride quick hitch just fine. You can take a tape measure with you to the store however and tell if it will work pretty quick with some measurements. The implements are typically stored in a part of the parking lot and you can walk right up to them and inspect them - just pop out your tape measure and with 2 measurements you can tell if it will work. good luck!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I run a 60" TSC tiller behind my 2650. Gotta go a little slow breaking new ground, but otherwise it works fine.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I just got the tiller assembled and when hooking up to the quick hitch, the top hook of the quick hitch is about 1 inch too low. I have the Land pride QH 05 and the top hook is fixed. Any idea of the best way to get this to work? I don’t want to cut down my PTO shaft until I’m sure I can use it.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I just got the tiller assembled and when hooking up to the quick hitch, the top hook of the quick hitch is about 1 inch too low. I have the Land pride QH 05 and the top hook is fixed. Any idea of the best way to get this to work? I don***8217;t want to cut down my PTO shaft until I***8217;m sure I can use it.
Oh no. I hadnt considered that you may be using a quick hitch with a fixed top hook. I know its a bit of a drastic suggestion but if I were you Id sell the QH05 and buy the QH15 instead which has a fully adjustable top hook. I think that adjustable hook is just a good investment if you plan to own more and more implements in the coming years. You could also just go and spend $100 and get the harbor freight quick hitch that has an adjustable top hook ( Seen Here) Id spend a little more and upgrade the quick hitch if I were you. If its brand new or something id even go back to the dealer with it and see if they will work with you on an exchange/pay the difference for the QH15

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I actually thought of this too. I just hate to have to buy another one. Mine is almost 2 years old. The QH 05 could be considered a little undersized for the 2650, but I think I’m just trying to talk myself into getting the 15***128556;. Until now, the QH 05 has worked great for me.

What do you think the advantages of the QH 15 over the Harbor Freight quick hitch?

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I actually thought of this too. I just hate to have to buy another one. Mine is almost 2 years old. The QH 05 could be considered a little undersized for the 2650, but I think I’m just trying to talk myself into getting the 15***128556;. Until now, the QH 05 has worked great for me.

What do you think the advantages of the QH 15 over the Harbor Freight quick hitch?

My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch only cost me $79.99 a couple weeks ago.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
The QH15 at my dealer was like $450 I think. The harbor freight one is $100, and when on sale can be even cheaper. Ive heard good things about the harbor freight one honestly. If there are any draw backs it is going to have to come down to construction somewhere - the welds maybe, the spring loaded handles maybe, Im sure its all made in china. I got the QH15 with my tractor, and I love it. The price gap is big though. Just looking at the harbor freight one though - There are no obvious skimps in terms of metal thickness or size that stands out. For $100, or if you can find it on sale for $70 Id certainly give it a try. That adjustable top hook is a simple difference but when youre sitting there with a tiller that you cant actually hook up, it makes all the difference in the world.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
The harbor freight is currently $99.99 and I have a $20.00 off coupon ***128077;. I also have two sons that are welders, so if there are any issues, I should have that covered. That’s probably my best option and I’ll keep the land pride QH 05 as a backup for my other implements if needed.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
The harbor freight is currently $99.99 and I have a $20.00 off coupon ***128077;. I also have two sons that are welders, so if there are any issues, I should have that covered. That’s probably my best option and I’ll keep the land pride QH 05 as a backup for my other implements if needed.

Dae06 you will love the adjustable center hook on Harbor Freight Hitch.