Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The Time has come!

We've all dealt with this long enough!
I've gotten a long list of complaints, from a long list of people, about a certain member and certain threads.

I think the time has come to start deleting posts and threads that are:
Demeaning
Bragging
Boasting
Belittling
Blatantly off subject
And / Or simply not relevant to the OP's in any way.:mad:

We don't want to read how only bigger "real" ag tractors can get a job done.
We don't want to hear how we have no Idea what we are talking about.
We don't want to read about the "I'm a real farmer and you're not".
We don't want to here how we spend too much money, or how we don't make as much as you, or how we were foolish to buy something.
We don't want to keep hearing how or this or that does not match up to your this or that.
We don't want to hear how you've been there and done that in every single trade known to mankind, and how many businesses you own or operate.

Any and all complaints on this will be dealt with actively.
If anyone has a complaint on a thread, especially with the above actions noted, please send me a PM.
North Idaho Wolfman

There will be no warning or reasonings given, they will just simply be deleted!
Enough said!

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Thanks for the effort in cleaning the place up but i got to ask, why has he been allowed to stay this long without getting banned?

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Keep up the hard work Wolfman. We appreciate everything that you do.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I've often heard it said that moderating an internet discussion forum is miserable work. While I can't say I have experience doing the job, I can say with certainty that I have respect for those who do it, and especially for those who keep this forum a nice sandbox to play in. Thank you NIW.

Now, if I ever get out of hand, I DO hope you or some other moderator will send me a nice little "zinger" to let me know I've caused offense or irritation. I like this place and would like to hang out for a while longer... :)

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Job, Church, or tractor talks, good leaders don't have to confirm themselves they are recognized by others.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Thank you, appreciate all you do. This is a great forum and glad you are keeping it that way.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Thanks for the effort in cleaning the place up but i got to ask, why has he been allowed to stay this long without getting banned?
As a former moderator on another site, I will try to answer that without putting words in NIW's mouth. You try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, hoping they will see that their comments/behavior are not appreciated by the members, and hope they will self regulate. If they don't get the message, sometimes you have to let them have enough rope to hang themselves.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As a former moderator on another site, I will try to answer that without putting words in NIW's mouth. You try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, hoping they will see that their comments/behavior are not appreciated by the members, and hope they will self regulate. If they don't get the message, sometimes you have to let them have enough rope to hang themselves.
I could not have said it any better myself! :D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I am open for discussion and spirited debate as much as the next guy. However, this is the internet, where everyone is suave, handsome, and a genius - and everyone's opinion is worth the same until proven, qualified, or verified. Elevating one's opinion shouldn't require demeaning everyone else's opinion or person.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've been known to get my dig's in but only when provoked. I guess I should have taken the higher ground but sometimes it feels so good.;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Following this from the first post it appears the hammer has fallen, or perhaps the ax

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
I just by chance happened to be to first in the large area to buy a Kubota-L3300- this unit was highly recommended by the franchise owner, havent been sorry since. we now have at least half a doz new owners locally and i have told each one about ORANGE TRACTOR TALKS

the best sight ever

thanks

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There are two ways to have the tallest building in town. You can tear down everyone else's building, or you can eat a hotdog for lunch and keep on working!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
NIWM,

dude do what you gotta do.

as an Admin on a large & very busy forum.... i totally understand what you are going thru & how you dont want to do it... but you HAVE to.

it comes down to either YOU run the show or the inmates(US) get away with murder.

no one is forced to be here & if anyone doesnt like it they can always try to find another tractor site that they think is as good as this one.

thank you for doing the job & taking care of this place.

s

PS; my gift to you is attached

Attachments

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
NIWM,

dude do what you gotta do.

as an Admin on a large & very busy forum.... i totally understand what you are going thru & how you dont want to do it... but you HAVE to.

it comes down to either YOU run the show or the inmates(US) get away with murder.

no one is forced to be here & if anyone doesnt like it they can always try to find another tractor site that they think is as good as this one.

thank you for doing the job & taking care of this place.

s

PS; my gift to you is attached
Nice Hammer SDK1968.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Nice Hammer SDK1968.

Looks sorta Boris Vallejo-ish

But not really that Boris detail ....

I had this Boris dragon painted on the side of my motorcycle tank years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Not to put too fine a point on things, but you all realize that there is an "ignore" feature, right? Go to your control panel, click "Edit ignore list" and then enter the username of the person you wish to ignore. That person's posts will no longer appear to you and they can rant and rave to their heart's content without bothering you.

It is only defeated when someone you don't mind quotes the ignored post. So quit quoting stuff you might find offensive. :D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
The ignore feature isn't the ideal option for newer members asking questions and then their thread turns into a sh!tstorm when they were just looking for advice. The forum needs to stay welcoming, or members will come once, see the mess, and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.