Kubota BX24 Turn Signal Lens Opening???

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Hi all. New here and this is my first post. I picked up a used BX24 for light work around the house. I picked it up with tree damage, so I am going through the tractor front to back. Anyway, i picked up bulbs because every single bulb was broke so far. I sort of see how the turn signal lenses might come apart, but I dont feel like the tabs press in. With the amount of damage I am fixing, I am avoiding anymore damage this point. Can anyone provide a few photos showing how to pop them apart, or a quick video. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is the type of turn signal I have

It's been a while, but see the little gap/slot in the top?
Slip a screwdriver in there and twist.....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
That's what my thought was, but wasnt sure how much effort would be needed. I have ordered a complete new hood, deck pan, fender pan, grab handle, lights, center pillar cage, and so on. Last thing I wanted was to break a light lens. I dont want to get nickle and dimed anymore than I have to.

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Just went out and tried it. No effort at all. I figured that it was a tab that I was supposed to press down. 2 out of 4 bulbs blown there, but none are working. I guess it's time to get the VOM out of my truck. I managed to repair the needles and hour meter on the guage cluster, so this should be easy. Not looking forward to the full body replacement next week.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
That is some serious tree damage. Did it fall from an airplane and land in a forest?
As easy as the lenses pop apart, I ran a couple zip ties around mine to make sure they do not pop open accidentally.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
While you have the body off, plan on replacing the hydro fan and CV joint boots on the drive shaft. They are most likely damaged.

Oh, and welcome to OTT

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Not sure on what happened exactly, but it got it good! I will take your advice and look at fan and boot while off. It has been serviced (2016), but had only been used 40hrs since then because of the damage. The parts are cheap enough and my access will be much better of course. I think it mostly sat because of the cost of repairs. I have about 1600 into parts so far on order. If you were to add in labor, I'm not sure that would be an easy number to take on as an owner.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Shelby, welcome to the forum, I agree with what all the other guys have said. the lens will split open, def change the HST fan if damaged. Also take a look at the boots on the front axle, those are another common failure item. While everything is apart good time to do cleaning, all the repairs, ect. I JUST went through this on a 12 year old BX2350 myself. This site is a wonderful resource for this.

Orders that required larger freight, i placed at my local dealership (fenders ect). They will place the order when they order their store stock, so you wont have pay any shipping. All the "little stuff" i ordered from Messicks, and everything arrived the next day via fedex for usually under $20. Their service was fantastic. If Messicks doesnt have something you need listed in stock though, ask your dealership as they could end up being faster. Also if you want to install a skid plate from bxpanded or bro-tek, order that sooner rather than later becuase they may take 4 weeks to arrive.

Please dont hesitate to reach out as you make your way through the machine. The workshop manual is an excellent resource for listing all the torque values for everything, and the messicks parts diagrams are great for figuring out how to put stuff back together if you forget.

Last edited:

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
I'm thinking about getting the manual actually. At this point it is mostly cosmetic parts to replace with the exception if a front tie rod and a hst link tie rod, one hose for the back hoe. Doing the standard oil change, hydrolic fluid top off, etc. The tractor as it sits actually works great, but I cant expect much for 4500. There are plenty of other parts I am replacing that I havent mentioned, but you get the idea. This is a photo of the berrer side(notice side bonnet missing).

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
lol the missing cowling, it adds character!!

you stole that thing for $4500, even after spending the money it make it nice again you will be way ahead.