Belly mower deck attachment will not lower

bigoleboy

Dec 24, 2010
Nanjemoy,Maryland
I have a 2320 HST Kabota tractor about 8 years old. The belly mower attachment would always lower with the PTO lever. Now it will not lower. I have been over the manual and the tractor and cannot figure out what is holding the
attachment from coming down so I can put the 60 inch mower deck on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a 2320 HST Kabota tractor about 8 years old. The belly mower attachment would always lower with the PTO lever. Now it will not lower. I have been over the manual and the tractor and cannot figure out what is holding the
attachment from coming down so I can put the 60 inch mower deck on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
You don't lower the deck with the PTO lever, you lower it with the three point control. ;)

Now is the three point arms lowering, but the deck is not?

Deck lock engaged?

Or is the three point not lowering also?

Three point lift lowering speed control closed (round knob under the seat front )?

Last edited:

bigoleboy

Dec 24, 2010
Nanjemoy,Maryland
You don't lower the deck with the PTO lever, you lower it with the three point control. ;)

Now is the three point arms lowering, but the deck is not?

Deck lock engaged?

Or is the three point not lowering also?

Three point lift lowering speed control closed (round knob under the seat front )?
I stated the problem wrong. The 3 point hitch in the rear is lowering but the under belly attachment is not lowering. The mower deck is not attached. The deck lock is off. Thank you for any help on this.

dsims

Equipment
BX2380 60"Drive Over/SSQA Loader
Feb 23, 2019
Clear Lake, IA
Mine sometimes sticks up when the deck isn't attached and needs a little encouragement. Without the weight of the deck, there isn't enough weight to overcome the little bit of friction in the mechanism.