Was walking my dealer's lot today....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Normally I don't but I was waiting for Dennis (the head mechanic to come back from lunch, I was there to pay my bill), anyway, I walked his lot and lo and behold, he's got 4 B7100's sitting out there, all hydro's all 4wd and 3 have decks on them.

Kind of an interesting little unit. I may barter with him for one with a deck. Probably make a good lawn mower. Think they are 3 cylinder engines, I think...

Next time I go up (which will be next month), I'll take my camera along and take some pictures.

On another note, the guy who rolled his B and lunched the engine (I saw the sump, was full of metal and the mains looked real bad too), He had Kubota insurance and Dennis told me Kubota stood good for the engine minus a 150 dollar deductible. Dennis said there was 15 grand worth of engine and emissions stuff on the pallet, they are replacing everything, DPF included and covering the labor too.

My open station M9 is paying them a visit in the fall after haying. Going to have Dennis run the overhead, replace the upper bushing in the left side planetary and have the hood fixed and repainted and put it on the dyno too. Seems a bit down on power to me, compared to my cab M9.

One thing about my dealer is, they pick up and deliver.

Guess Kubota insurance is a pretty good deal.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Normally I don't but I was waiting for Dennis (the head mechanic to come back from lunch, I was there to pay my bill), anyway, I walked his lot and lo and behold, he's got 4 B7100's sitting out there, all hydro's all 4wd and 3 have decks on them.

Kind of an interesting little unit. I may barter with him for one with a deck. Probably make a good lawn mower. Think they are 3 cylinder engines, I think...

Next time I go up (which will be next month), I'll take my camera along and take some pictures.

On another note, the guy who rolled his B and lunched the engine (I saw the sump, was full of metal and the mains looked real bad too), He had Kubota insurance and Dennis told me Kubota stood good for the engine minus a 150 dollar deductible. Dennis said there was 15 grand worth of engine and emissions stuff on the pallet, they are replacing everything, DPF included and covering the labor too.

My open station M9 is paying them a visit in the fall after haying. Going to have Dennis run the overhead, replace the upper bushing in the left side planetary and have the hood fixed and repainted and put it on the dyno too. Seems a bit down on power to me, compared to my cab M9.

One thing about my dealer is, they pick up and deliver.

Guess Kubota insurance is a pretty good deal.
Flip....my first Kubota in the mid 80's was a used B7100 HSD. It had been treated pretty badly by a commercial landscaper ... even had to plate and weld the frame where it was cracked. It was priced right so I put a couple of grand in it and worked it hard over the next three years landscaping 5 acres of an old corn field. The 60" MMM that came with it was in good shape.... replaced one spindle bearing. That thing was a beast!

I wish I still had it in my stable for sure!!!