L245DT Loader question again

sullpond

Equipment
L245DT
Jun 24, 2009
Virginia
Okay, I managed to get a used coupling assembly for my front hydraulic pump. Its a double roller chain set up, whereas the old one was the flexible spring shaft. I got it put on and aligned, and connected everything up. Started the engine, and it works like a charm, as long as I'm sitting still. If I'm going forward, the pump starts to squeal, like its binding. If I turn, it gets worse. The loader continues to work, but the squeal makes me think the pump is going to fail.
I pulled everything apart, and rechecked the drive alignment with a straight edge, and the rotation appears to be true. So, I assumed I was getting some flex somewhere that is throwing things out of alignment. I checked the subframe, and looked everywhere I could think of on the engine to make sure everything is tight.
I'm kind of at a loss as to where to look next. The pump bolts to the subframe which is attached directly to the tractor frame. Is there somewhere on the frona axle drive that can wear out, and cause movement of the engine when going forward?
Thanks for reading, Tim

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
hmmm... IMHO your going to have to go back to some sort of flexible connection unless the pump is mounted to the engine and can move with the engine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Front frame and engine are one solid connection, so something is not right, there should be no flex in anything, so it should not be binding.

Is the coupling on the crank or pump side fixed solid?

sullpond

Equipment
L245DT
Jun 24, 2009
Virginia
DA88FF30-6DC4-48C7-9F1F-9DA1A5C1AE3E.jpg
Here’s the setup before I put the roller chain on. Also I had to trim the bushings down to bring the sides closer together. At first I thought the pump just mounted to the loader subframe, but I know now the subframe mounts to the engine frame. Both sides are held in place with set screws

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's the issue, you can not have both sides fixed when you only have one roller chain coupling.

You could make it work that way with a love joy coupling, but with a single roller chain coupling it needs to move at one end or the other, unlock it from the crank side.

sullpond

Equipment
L245DT
Jun 24, 2009
Virginia
That's the issue, you can not have both sides fixed when you only have one roller chain coupling.

You could make it work that way with a love joy coupling, but with a single roller chain coupling it needs to move at one end or the other, unlock it from the crank side.
By single roller chain, do you mean a single set of links? This is double roller chain,with two sets of links side by side.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
By single roller chain, do you mean a single set of links? This is double roller chain,with two sets of links side by side.
By single, I mean single flex joint, you would need two with the way you have it mounted.

sullpond

Equipment
L245DT
Jun 24, 2009
Virginia