Need Suggestion for Canopy

buffumjr

Equipment
L175
Mar 30, 2019
Orange City, FL USA
I will soon start on a ROPS for a Kubota L175. Part of the project will be a roof. I was lucky to score a golf cart roof in excellent shape.

Looking at the L175, there will be no problem with the rear two struts. They will mount to plates bolted to the rear axle assembly. The issue will be front struts. In looking at this tractor, I don't see a convenient place to mount one or two front struts.

Can't do it on the dashboard shroud, that mounts to a flange on the fuel tank. Don't want to mount ANYTHING to the fuel tank.

Can't mount it on the hood. A lot of services need the hood up.

I COULD run a 2" x 1/4" bar from the front weight mount back a foot or so on each side. I'd need to make the starboard side strut removable for convenient access to filters and stuff.

Hmmm. What you do?

And I can't forget the whole purpose of a ROPS is to prevent rollover.

No. Kubota doesn't stock this. We've already beaten that one to death in another thread.

Rear struts will be 2 x 2 x 11ga. Front struts will be 1 x 2 x 14ga. On the front roof will be two LED work lights. On the rear struts will be 4 LED yellow lights. The welded steel roof frame will add the stiffness a ROPS needs.

Should I travel to a junk yard and pick up a seat belt?

Last edited:

buffumjr

Equipment
L175
Mar 30, 2019
Orange City, FL USA
The answer was easy: Move up the front end loader project. Part of the project is a strut from the pivot pillar to the front end assembly. This adds rigidity, and helps support bucket load. This will be the ideal support point for the front struts.

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
I mounted golf cart top to my L2800, had to bend the golf cart top rails a bit to fit my rops but it word great. Am no thinking about mounting a cooling fan under the top blowing down on the driver. I did this same mod on my zero turn mower with the golf cart top and fan and it works great. Got fan from EBAY, just an elect. fan the street rod guys use on their radiators. Good luck with the mod.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you need ROPS then you NEED a seatbelt !

What I've never understood is WHY lil tractors like my BX23S 'need' ROPS yet ATVs don't......

I need to add a canopy but has to be mtd underneath the ROPS.It's either that or buy/install a taller door in the hobby barn.