Recommendations for Push Mower

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you're looking for exercise this is wayyy better than a AWD gas mower!

One summer running this and you'll be in great shape...or Pushing up daisies. :p :D

Just think about the huge compost pile you'll have too. Compost, great for the garden...lol

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Yeah, I agree Flip. I love my cordless drill and Milwaukee 1/2" impact but battery mowers / trimmers / saws, and yes...cars...are nothing I'm interested in.

Why do we need an electric solution when gas / diesel already works great, is cheap, and readily available?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yeah, I agree Flip. I love my cordless drill and Milwaukee 1/2" impact but battery mowers / trimmers / saws, and yes...cars...are nothing I'm interested in.

Why do we need an electric solution when gas / diesel already works great, is cheap, and readily available?
Honestly, I don't know. We are now a net exporter of crude oil, why fool with electricity anyway. The grid is already fragile, why push the limit of reliability.

We are not supposed to talk politics on here but idiots like AOC pushing the 'Green New Deal' need their heads examined.

Bad enough with the Tier 4 mandate. Could you imagine a hydrogen powered B series Kubota and an electric one? Didn't Cub in cahoots with GE try that with a garden tractor years ago. Think it was called the 'Electrak' or some such. Was a big bust.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Whatever mower you get, if self propelled, remember that if bagging on the rear of the mower, use a mower with the wheel drive on the back wheels. As the weight gets heavier, you keep traction. Front wheel drive will lift and you will lose the self-propelled function.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
If you're looking for exercise this is wayyy better than a AWD gas mower!

One summer running this and you'll be in great shape...or Pushing up daisies. :p :D

I used to mow with something similar to that for about 7 years.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
It seems like you keep a well manicured lawn. You can get an electric robot mower that will work continuously, at night and you won't have to worry about bagging or mulching.....just paying for it. $3000 should find one that will do 1/2 acres.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It seems like you keep a well manicured lawn. You can get an electric robot mower that will work continuously, at night and you won't have to worry about bagging or mulching.....just paying for it. $3000 should find one that will do 1/2 acres.
Not sure why anyone would mow their lawn at night. Nights equal dew and dew don't make for a good cut.

I know when I bale wheat straw in rounds, I wait until evening to bale. Much easier to start a round when the wheat straw is slightly damp.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not sure why anyone would mow their lawn at night. Nights equal dew and dew don't make for a good cut.

I know when I bale wheat straw in rounds, I wait until evening to bale. Much easier to start a round when the wheat straw is slightly damp.
My great uncle Leslie used to mow his yard with an old antique rotary mower similar to the one Wolfman posted a picture of. Used to hang a Coleman Lantern on a tree limb to see by and would mow shortly after dark.

He had one of the softest lawns you ever walked on. Granted, the mower wouldn't mow any of the flowers, so he also had random daisy's growing every where as well.