MX5800 Pricing; tested one today and liked it

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
We tested an MX5800 at the Alabama dealer today and really liked it. I get what people were saying about going to the heavier frame from the L3901. It is surprisingly maneuverable even being a good bit larger than the L3901. Right at 6,700 pounds

For some reason sales guy was pushing us to an MX5200 (he had 3 of them in stock), but the price difference was $1,200 to go to the MX5800. He was negative about the L4701. Was also pushing for the 0% financing. Granted this is in a rural town so his buyers are mostly really price point conscious etc.

Got a quote for:

MX5800 HST; 1065 QA loader w/ regular bucket; R4 loaded rears; QH 15; Kubota Canopy; LP 1872 cutter; $700 off for cash, and another $700 for 2 LP implements; $31,200 cash, we are AG exempt so no sales tax

MX5200 same setup was $30,000 even

Its a good bit better than the quotes we got in Georgia

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
We tested an MX5800 at the Alabama dealer today and really liked it. I get what people were saying about going to the heavier frame from the L3901. It is surprisingly maneuverable even being a good bit larger than the L3901. Right at 6,700 pounds

For some reason sales guy was pushing us to an MX5200 (he had 3 of them in stock), but the price difference was $1,200 to go to the MX5800. He was negative about the L4701. Was also pushing for the 0% financing. Granted this is in a rural town so his buyers are mostly really price point conscious etc.

Got a quote for:

MX5800 HST; 1065 QA loader w/ regular bucket; R4 loaded rears; QH 15; Kubota Canopy; LP 1872 cutter; $700 off for cash, and another $700 for 2 LP implements; $31,200 cash, we are AG exempt so no sales tax

MX5200 same setup was $30,000 even

Its a good bit better than the quotes we got in Georgia
Loaded with what? Not CACL I hope.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not a fan of loaded tires at all because of the compaction issue. I run cast centers (600 pounds each) which more than compensates for front end loader lightness but not sure if Kubota offers cast centers on the MX series. tractors. Rim guard is fine, don't eat up steel rims. My initial preference is cast centers. According to my tire people, Rim Guard is difficult to pump out if you need to replace a tire (I do wear out tires). other than that I guess it's fine. The difficulty in removing it comes from them, not my experience.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Not a fan of loaded tires at all because of the compaction issue. I run cast centers (600 pounds each) which more than compensates for front end loader lightness but not sure if Kubota offers cast centers on the MX series. tractors. Rim guard is fine, don't eat up steel rims. My initial preference is cast centers. According to my tire people, Rim Guard is difficult to pump out if you need to replace a tire (I do wear out tires). other than that I guess it's fine. The difficulty in removing it comes from them, not my experience.
They offer cast centers for the MX5800. They are roughly 309 lbs per side if installing up to the maximum amount of 3 cast centers. This would give a grand total of 618 lbs in cast iron weight on the wheels. Rough estimated price for a Kubota set is $1360. I just looked into this the other day for my own MX5800. I would rather have the cast, just a little more money than I wanted to spend. Cathy it seems they are giving you a very nice package deal for your money. I agree the 5800 would be better than the 5200 for the money. If I were you I would ask for 2 sets of rear remotes in the deal. I wish I would have now.

Last edited:

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
They offer cast centers for the MX5800. They are roughly 309 lbs per side if installing up to the maximum amount of 3 cast centers. This would give a grand total of 618 lbs in cast iron weight on the wheels. Rough estimated price for a Kubota set is $1360. I just looked into this the other day for my own MX5800. I would rather have the cast, just a little more money than I wanted to spend. Cathy it seems they are giving you a very nice package deal for your money. I agree the 5800 would be better than the 5200 for the money. If I were you I would ask for 2 sets of rear remotes in the deal. I wish I would have now.
thanks for this; I am getting top and tilt in the rear and a third function on the front

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One thing I did learn about cast center's (least on my M9's) is because the wheel studs and lug nuts engage the cast centers directly (the lug nuts are special nuts with a long cylindrical extension), the wheels must be mounted on the studs and then rotated and the nuts started on progressively.

They also have to have never seize applied to the internal threads and to the external elongated end or they will cross thread and they ain't cheap. I replaced 3 studs and 3 nuts to the tune of 60 bucks for each stud / nut assembly. Expensive lesson plus they are extremely heavy to dismount and mount

My cast centers with tire and rim attached (they have to be, you cannot detach the rim from the cast center and mount separately because there isn't enough clearance) weigh about 1000 pounds each and that is not loaded. That is cast center, rim tire and tube. I used the front loader and pallet forks on my other M to set the wheels on the hubs. If I didn't have the second tractor, I would have called my tire company and had them mount them with the jib crane on their service truck.Normally I use a commercial tractor tire service. I'd never attempt to mount or dismount one.

They have a nice air operated bead breaker that rolls the tire right off the rim. Takes about a minute.

I still prefer cast centers over loaded tires for my use.

Windyhill162

May 17, 2019
Waymart pa
I just read your post and BTW took delivery on my new MX 5800 with QH 15 (a must have) and I***8217;m running a Land Pride RCD 1884 mower w FEL and titan pallet forks and I wouldn***8217;t want any less power (might want to forget the Mx 5200 . I waited a month for my dealer to order one from Georgia and get it up to northeast Pennsylvania. To address price mower $5000 with four quotes and other stuff $33500. Yup $38500 , three dealers were within $275 dollars of each other. Georgia had good deals. Virginia too. But nobody came close to Alabama pricing. Just too far from me . So with that said , the tractor is a beast. . Turns on a dime ....effortlessly. Tried to get it stuck in wet area and 4 x4 w R4 powered right through it . The height of the ROPS is 93 inches . Loader and tractor with 80 inch long mower just about 22 feet 9 inches. Drop bucket and save 24 inches . First field I attempted to cut and the mower cut like crap. A little anxious and the blades have a coating on them. A few field stones took care of the coating . Now cuts great . Giving my turbo 2 minutes warm up and cool down at 1100 RPMS . Engaging /disengaging PTO at 1100 rpm . Bogged down the tractor in 6 foot high hay going uphill once so I personally wouldn***8217;t want any less power. Good luck you will love it.

Last edited:

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
some follow up pics of the new MX 5800, picked it up Wednesday and worked it pretty well over the holiday weekend. Comparison to the L3901, its going to live in the North GA mountains full time- no more back and forth on the trailer.

Closed on the one parcel of new land and waiting to hear if the seller of the adjoining parcel will accept our imminently fair offer

BTW, moving the MX 5800 with the Tundra on the trailer the 7 miles between farms at 40 mph felt heavy as crap but not scary.

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Nice pictures thanks for sharing and good luck with the new member of the family.

Windyhill162

May 17, 2019
Waymart pa
Looks like a beauty. Can you take a measurement on your rops with the sunshade roof at the highest point. I’m trying to see if I have height clearance to add it to my 5800. Thank you in advance