Adding a hydraulic top link, what size hose?

DawgDr.

Jun 14, 2019
Savannah, GA
Hi folks, I am going to add a hydraulic top link to my Kubota M6060 and I am not sure what size hose 3/8, 1/2?, fittings, and quick couplers to get for my application? Dealer is no help and local agrisupply has no idea either. Spoke to another hydraulic top link dealer, but a 20 week wait is more than I can stand. Planning to use the inexpensive option from Agrisupply.

thanks for any help you have give.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi folks, I am going to add a hydraulic top link to my Kubota M6060 and I am not sure what size hose 3/8, 1/2?, fittings, and quick couplers to get for my application? Dealer is no help and local agrisupply has no idea either. Spoke to another hydraulic top link dealer, but a 20 week wait is more than I can stand. Planning to use the inexpensive option from Agrisupply.

Smallest possible.

You want the cylinder to operate slowly to maximize resolution.

SDT

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
Ken’s Bolt On Hooks has some restriction orifice fitting. Mine has 1/2” hoses and has the restriction orifices to make the top link move at a controllable speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA

I put the factory hydraulic top link on my son's M7060 it came with 1/2" lines so I would think 1/2" is what you want to go with.

DawgDr.

Jun 14, 2019
Savannah, GA
I put the factory hydraulic top link on my son's M7060 it came with 1/2" lines so I would think 1/2" is what you want to go with.
Thanks, just what I needed. I did not see where Kubota made a hydraulic TL, do you see an aftermarket brand name on your system by chance?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Smallest diameter lines and a restriction orfice fitting. You can make your own restriction washer from a penny or the head of a spent rifle cartridge (the flash hole in the case will provide the necessary restriction.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Thanks, just what I needed. I did not see where Kubota made a hydraulic TL, do you see an aftermarket brand name on your system by chance?
We ordered it through whole goods I'll try to see if I still have the part numbers. I think it came as a top and tilt kit but we only use the top link we fabricated the tilt cylinder on a rear blade to make it angle. The top cylinder didn't need any type of restriction to work correctly.:)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
1/4” is plenty big enough. 1/2” is overkill and more expensive.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Smaller the better for the hose. The quick coupler can be any convenient size for any implement you might also want to connect hydraulically at a future time.

You are not trying to move very much fluid unlike a FEL

If it is still too fast so you cannot make fine adjustments, then add restrictor.

Dave

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
Smallest diameter lines and a restriction orfice fitting. You can make your own restriction washer from a penny or the head of a spent rifle cartridge (the flash hole in the case will provide the necessary restriction.

I tried the penny restriction and it didn’t work for me. It confirmed the penny to the same size as inside of the fitting.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA

This is the kit we ordered:

TOP-N-TILT KIT (M SERIES)
L8326
Top (Cylinder) and Tilt (Cylinder) Kit
54 lbs

Last edited:

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
Ken’s Bolt On Hooks has some restriction orifice fitting. Mine has 1/2” hoses and has the restriction orifices to make the top link move at a controllable speed.

I couldn't find them on Ken's site. Gotta a link?

Thanks,